So, the ending of Telltales "Game of Thrones, Episode 1" [Spoilers inside]

Just Ebola

Literally Hitler
Jan 7, 2015
Sight Unseen said:
That makes a lot of sense, I've heard iterations like that across different cultures (like Persians, I think) where they consider it evil to kill somebody who's salt they've eaten.

Thanks for the background, the more I learn about GoT the more I think I should give it a chance. I'm sure the show features even more salt and betrayal than the TellTale game.

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
Ebola_chan said:
Sight Unseen said:
That makes a lot of sense, I've heard iterations like that across different cultures (like Persians, I think) where they consider it evil to kill somebody who's salt they've eaten.

Thanks for the background, the more I learn about GoT the more I think I should give it a chance. I'm sure the show features even more salt and betrayal than the TellTale game.
The bread and salt thing is really more emphasized in the books. In the show they don't have nearly as much time to explain all of the depth of the culture a lot of the time. It sometimes shows up but its never explicitly explained in the show. If you're not completely averse to reading, I'd highly recommend reading the books before the show. They're way more thorough and well explained and it makes the show a lot easier to follow. The show has to skip a lot of fairly important world building and alter the plot in some ways to fit it each book into a 10 hour season, so you miss out on a lot of context.

Also the Stark's military campaign makes absolutely no sense in the show since they had to cut so much of it out and shoehorn some random events into weird spots in the timeline. They basically zigzag back and forth sporadically across the kingdoms whereas in the books it's a logical and well thought out campaign that fits perfectly within the timeline :p

Raikas

Sep 4, 2012
Story said:
Hmm so the choices didn't matter much you say? Hmm how was the story in general?
It was decent enough in the sense of being engaging, but it's hard to judge the overall quality since it was really three connected stories rather than one. That's true to the source material since the books change voice with each chapter and the show has it's different storylines, but it's too early to tell how that will work for the game.

That said, I was entertained enough (although I wasn't bothered by the non-choice ending. I'd have been more disappointed if there wasn't a dramatic death of a major character - that's the franchise's calling card, after all).