So...The Orange Box...

freakydan

Jan 28, 2010
Alright, so my 360 recently died on me, and I'm trying to get as many games that I had for 360 on my PS3. I'm not looking for any console wars here, I love both equally, it's just easier to buy a few games each paycheck than to save up for a new 360.

Anyways, obviously, one of my priorities has been The Orange Box, figuring it should be easy, since I found a used copy for cheap on the 360. Come to find out that no store I can find carries a copy. Alright, I figure, it's a popular title and a great deal, people are just eager to keep their own copy. I decided to look it up on Amazon.

Orange Box - XBOX 360
Buy New: $19.54
36 New from $15.15, 16 Used from $12.95

Orange Box - Playstation 3
Buy New: $59.99
11 New from $49.99, 25 Used from $40.78

...zuh?
Seriously, is there $40 worth of difference between the two? Does anyone have any clue what's causing this huge price difference? Again, I'm not looking for console fanboy responses, so none of this "CUZ TEH PS3 ROX MOAR!!!"

desaaron777

Jun 25, 2009
damn man thats crazy

the reason why I looked at this tread is cause yesterday I bought the orange box at my local game store for 5 bucks which is a steal

so i would suggest looking around a bit you might find some better deals

Snowy Rainbow

Jun 13, 2011
You gotta edit your post there, hun. I just sat there for half a minute trying to work out what the hell was going on XD

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
*sigh* I hate to be 'that guy', but PC. You can probably get it for about £10 on Steam, and by now it'll run on pretty much any laptop in existence. Also, more updates, and people who actually play TF2!

Rayken15

Jan 10, 2011
Well, depends what games you will play the most from it. If you plan on playing TF2 the most, I suggest getting it for PC. If not, go right ahead.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
Odds are there are a few different sellers. One just know it is a popular game, and threw it on Amazon for new game price. The other realized that its a game from 2007, and lowered the price accordingly.

...Also...uh...Alright, I really don't wanna sound fanboyish here...whatever platform you like, go you, and Orange Box is awesome on all platforms...but...

Could you just...get Orange Box on your Computer?

I mean, it's $20 with no shipping fees, you will get it a lot faster, and I don't think there is much dissent over the opinion that Orange Box uses the PC as it's platform of choice. These days, if your computer doesn't turn on via a hand crank, your computer should have no problems running it.

desaaron777

Jun 25, 2009
J03bot said:
*sigh* I hate to be 'that guy', but PC. You can probably get it for about £10 on Steam, and by now it'll run on pretty much any laptop in existence. Also, more updates, and people who actually play TF2!
yeah it can suck to be that guy some times but in this case it is best way to go. In less your not worrying about TF2

Aug 21, 2010
Amazon is not the place to buy it from. My advice: if it's not a book, don't buy it from amazon.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=orange+box+PS3&_sacat=See-All-Categories

there, much more reasonable

ZRendZ

Jun 9, 2011
freakydan said:
Orange Box - XBOX 360

Orange Box - XBOX 360

...zuh?
Seriously, is there $40 worth of difference between the two? Does anyone have any clue what's causing this huge price difference? Again, I'm not looking for console fanboy responses, so none of this "CUZ TEH PS3 ROX MOAR!!!"
Am I the only on seeing XBOX 360 on both of them? as for the price difference wouldn't it because it might of been more expensive to produce for the PS3?

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Hamish Durie said:
idk why mabye the people that run the store are Ps fanboys
I was thinking that maybe the Orange Box on PS3 is covered in gold or maybe diamond incrusted, because if regular copies are selling at those prices, then those sellers are crazy.

freakydan

Jan 28, 2010
ZRendZ said:
freakydan said:
Orange Box - XBOX 360

Orange Box - XBOX 360

...zuh?
Am I the only on seeing XBOX 360 on both of them? as for the price difference wouldn't it because it might of been more expensive to produce for the PS3?
Sorry about that, I've fixed it.

For everyone else, my laptop would never be able to run it, and I'm not in a financial position to buy a new one (If I was, I wouldn't be griping over $40 for a used game), so if you could please lay off the PC suggestions. It's just not happening.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
freakydan said:
Again, I'm not looking for console fanboy responses, so none of this "CUZ TEH PS3 ROX MOAR!!!"
Yes, PS3 Orange Box didn't sell very many copies, so it's a collector's item by bizarre technicality.

Speaking of which, avoid it, there's a number of very good reasons the PS3 port of Orange Box sold badly, most of them beginning with Because EA...

freakydan

Jan 28, 2010
fix-the-spade said:
freakydan said:
Again, I'm not looking for console fanboy responses, so none of this "CUZ TEH PS3 ROX MOAR!!!"
Yes, PS3 Orange Box didn't sell very many copies, so it's a collector's item by bizarre technicality.

Speaking of which, avoid it, there's a number of very good reasons the PS3 port of Orange Box sold badly, most of them beginning with Because EA...
Care to clarify? The main reason I'm getting it is because I'm hurtin' bad for some original Portal, everything else is just icing on the cake, no pun intended (I swear), so if Portal is still good, I'm still good.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
freakydan said:
Care to clarify? The main reason I'm getting it is because I'm hurtin' bad for some original Portal, everything else is just icing on the cake, no pun intended (I swear), so if Portal is still good, I'm still good.
Alrighty.

The ports is quite shoddy and unstable. The game doesn't run as smoothly as they do on most PCs and are occasionally prone to crashing. Also, Once released EA simply abandoned it immediately, nothing (and I mean nothing) has been changed or fixed since release day, including the aforementioned bugs.

There is no one to play against online in TF2 either and they still want near full price for the damn thing.

TheEggplant

Excess Ain't Rebellion
Jul 26, 2008
The only problem I find is TF2 doesn't seem to like integrated graphics. Maybe the new chipsets might work. But I'm not sure how one would test that short of letting a friend download a copy of Steam on one's system.

OT: From what I understand nobody bought Orange Box on PS3, so they stopped printing it. The prices don't make a lot of sense to me though. I would rather go without then deal with the worst version of all those games.

Jeffrey Rodriguez

Apr 17, 2011
freakydan said:
Alright, so my 360 recently died on me, and I'm trying to get as many games that I had for 360 on my PS3. I'm not looking for any console wars here, I love both equally, it's just easier to buy a few games each paycheck than to save up for a new 360.

Anyways, obviously, one of my priorities has been The Orange Box, figuring it should be easy, since I found a used copy for cheap on the 360. Come to find out that no store I can find carries a copy. Alright, I figure, it's a popular title and a great deal, people are just eager to keep their own copy. I decided to look it up on Amazon.

Orange Box - XBOX 360

Orange Box - Playstation 3

...zuh?
Prices for the PS3 Orange box do tend to be all over the place. But if you're still looking Walmart.com has it, new of course, for $19.82.

Bajinga

Jun 11, 2011
I bought the Orange Box on the PS3 for about £12.
http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PlayStation-3/Shooter-First-Person/Half-Life-2-The-Orange-Box/~r332615/?s=The+Orange+Box

I have no idea why it cost that much.