So the Splatoon Squid Sisters (actually cousins apparently) had a concert...

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009

As silly as this is...its actually kind of catchy.

You know what Japan? You just keep doing you and we'll keep loving it.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Yeah, I saw this online a few months ago and I gotta say that I'm a little envious of these people.

I've never really seen the appeal of these "Digital Idol" concerts, but since I'm a fan of Splatoon, the Squid Sisters (yes, it does say within the game that they are cousins), and the in-game music, I would definitely go see this concert if I happen to be around the area or if it happens to pass by the States.

Dr. Thrax

Dec 5, 2011
I dunno if it's done with any other kind of digital idol, but I know that Hastune Miku has done quite a few concerts like this.
Though it was really cute with the Squid Sisters this time around, Callie best sister/cousin.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Okey... I like splat00n... but this just went over to the "what-the-fuck-zone" for me xD
Would not go to this, I think.
But it seems to be attracting a lot of people. Big stadium and loads of people there!!

Keoul

Apr 4, 2010
I wonder if they ever thought splatoon would get this dang big, to have their own real life concert for two npcs.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
It's not exactly new seeing how Miku Hatsune had a live concert years ago or is it suprising they have reach a similar status as her (in saying so they haven't got their own ablum yet?).

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Despite being a huuuuuuuuge fan of Splatoon, I'm pretty sure I would not go to one of these things live, and I love Callie and Marie. I still think it's pretty neat without a doubt, and I love how Splatoon got big enough to where something like this could happen.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
DudeistBelieve said:
....So this is what Alvin and The Chipmunks looks like in the future, huh?
Yeah except Splatoon was good. Nothing by Alvin was good.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
DudeistBelieve said:
It's more like what Sharon Apple from Macross Plus looks like in the real world. Kind of amazing that out of all the crazy sci-fi stuff in Macross, the one thing that became reality was the holographic pop star.

Superlative

May 14, 2012
That was impressive. I wasn't expecting the duet with Tupac and Ole Dirty, but that was a welcome surprise.

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010
DudeistBelieve said:
No, it's even worse... Alvin and The Chipmunks looks like a teen drama sitcom now.

This is just the evolution of the J-Pop/K-Pop idol craze.