So the SW:The Old republic, NDA is down. (linked in some beta vids)

Ranquest

Nov 10, 2009
So the SW:The Old republic, beta NDA is lifted.
I thought I would link in a few playthroughs videos now that I won't get banned for doing so.
I've tried to find ones were the player was not commpletely incompotent and with lesser amounts of annyoying commentarty over cutscenes and convastaions.

Here is a Jedi Knight playthrough from level 0, which is atleast interesting because the player's voice is a mix between Ray from "Everyone love Raymond" and the Piggy Bank from Toy story.
Here is a Sith Warrior Playthrough from level 0 with no commentary.

Also if you have been in the beta what have been your impression of the game so far?

rsvp42

Jan 15, 2010
I played in the last beta weekend and couldn't stop. There's really nothing hugely groundbreaking about it, but it just works. For me, at least. Maybe it's the sci-fi or maybe it was the enthusiasm and helpfulness of the other players (only had to /ignore maybe 5 people the whole time). Anyway, it made me happier about my CE pre-order.

I only really played early stuff (like level 16 and below), but I think I'll enjoy it overall. Compared to my experience with Rift, TOR is such a relief. I'll be shooting more people in the face this coming weekend, then it's just a short wait until early access on the 15th.

Dukenstein

Jul 14, 2010
I went in actually doubtful about the game and rolled an IA. The first few quests I was appalled, I thought, "So much money wasted." 15 levels later I want to pre-order asap. It grows on you, and it grows hard and fast.

MisterShine

Him Diamond
Mar 9, 2010
rsvp42 said:
I played in the last beta weekend and couldn't stop. There's really nothing hugely groundbreaking about it, but it just works.
QFT.

I only got to level 10 on a few characters to better preserve the experiences, but I've never cared so much about fetch quests or generic "kill X enemies for me" quests before. The voice acting is solid and the overarching plots and characters are just as good.

I actually started an Imperial Agent thinking I would never play one based off of pre-release info, but I got like 4 levels in and was really sucked in, and am now considering have her be my main on release. After I got to level 9 or 10 on the IA I was like "Okay, I KNOW I'm not going to ever play a republic Trooper, I'll try that next just so I can focus on bug-testing and flashpoints!"

Yeah. Totally wrong again. I don't know if Bioware can keep up the great writing over such a long period for so many different characters, or what will happen with end-game and post-release content, but I'm willing to throw down 60 bucks and a few monthly payments to find out.