So, Westboro Baptist Church paid our town a visit.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
I always remember Michael Moore's video of the Sodomobile to combat the WBC. Funny as hell.

more personally, I remeber they came to pittsburgh once. I met one of them, and he got into a gay friend of mine's face and upset him. So I rather viciously assaulted the man (wait, no, it was self defense, the guy through a punch. To quote him, we were going to see whose god was stronger) and when the police drove by and saw, they just kinda stopped, saw the signs, and said he didnt have a permit to protest, so they hauled him to jail and I just walked away satisfied.

... it felt good really.

Cerberus_2.0

Apr 25, 2011
Fleischer said:
SenseOfTumour said:
Personally, as we know they only do it for the money, I wonder why no-one yet has got together the city's homeless, given em each $50 and a sledgehammer and told em to level the entire WBC compound, swearing em to secrecy.
Probably because homeless people don't wander around carrying sledgehammers.

Also, don't you think Fred Phelps has any building he own covered in security cameras as well as insurance on all his property. If anyone damages the WBC or Phelp's property, he can use put in a claim and have all the damages paid for.
thats why you have the homeless do it. what can they do in a lawsuit. seize their property? can't sue a man for all he's worth when there's nothing left to take.

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
There's a large difference between evil and simply idiotic. Just saying.

Westboro Baptist Church is the poster child of claiming their own bullshit as the word of god.

Escapist Account

Sep 9, 2009
Android2137 said:
So, they're hating people based on where they live now? What's so sinful about living in California? (Not that they ever made sense. They were always crazy.)
I believe it's because there are a lot of homosexual people living in San Francisco. I could be wrong. This -is- the WBC we are talking about.

theevilgenius60

Jun 28, 2011
Black Arrow Officer said:
As I was walking back from the park, a large group of about 20 people were surrounding them, shielding the outside world from their false, perverted message of the Bible. They were completely trapped, and even though some cops were trying to break up the circle the people remained tight. Eventually, the members gave up and ran back to their van.
This is what you have to do with animals like that. Some friends of mine head out to do the human shield thing anytime we hear about them showing up at military funerals and such around the area. Also, these guys on their bikes usually show and allow the ambient noise from their bikes to drown out the offensive noise of the crazies. Free speech goes both ways

Sep 14, 2009
Redlin5 said:

Beautiful. Although technically the law was broken, I'm glad the local law enforcement looked the other way this time. WBC needs to recognize that Americans have had enough of them. They won't of course but one can dream...

[sub]*happy to be Canadian and WBC free*[/sub]
ah thank you for being one of the few who realize we hate these people just as much as anyone else

OT: Ah they came to my city once, they were even going to do a visit on our campus, so being the logical people we were, had at least a good oh...400 people minimum standing ready with probably 200-300 signs basically trolling the shit out of them or telling them to "GTFO" in some instances, but of course for the lulz the previous campus they had visited they got in trouble so they cancelled the visit to ours since they heard we had "double" the numbers the other campus had.

ah i almost wish they had come..but glad to see they are declining, at least in some areas.

Sep 14, 2009
theevilgenius60 said:
As I was walking back from the park, a large group of about 20 people were surrounding them, shielding the outside world from their false, perverted message of the Bible. They were completely trapped, and even though some cops were trying to break up the circle the people remained tight. Eventually, the members gave up and ran back to their van.
This is what you have to do with animals like that. Some friends of mine head out to do the human shield thing anytime we hear about them showing up at military funerals and such around the area. Also, these guys on their bikes usually show and allow the ambient noise from their bikes to drown out the offensive noise of the crazies. Free speech goes both ways
that is probably the one instance where i would recruit every motorcyclist in town and pay them 50 bucks a piece to come with me and rev that shit up to kingdom come right in their faces.

*proud troll smile on face*

Cobalt180

Jun 15, 2010
Hearing that story is certainly just amazing.
These Westboro Baptist fellows are making a name for themselves, but, I have to wonder, is their lack of tolerance for things they disagree of a symptom of a larger threat? I don't think it is true, but given the recent Norway attacks, could we be seeing a rebirth or a second rising of extreme-extreme Right Wing movements pop up in the years to come?

I mean to point out that their actions are somewhat ringing of hypocrisy, creating turmoil by condemning people in the streets, then creating a larger disturbance when they're personally threatened? Then, after not seeing immediate results, end up vandalizing a public building for the sake of ill-conceived revenge? Writing that paragraph made me realize that that may even be their thought process. Truly a scary thought....

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
I kind of want to met these hateful bastards just so I can sing this song to them. (and I have a great singing voice)
<youtube=HkXPyY9Wo_A>
note:please listen to at least a full minute of the song to get the entire message, or else it sounds pretty hateful.

theevilgenius60

Jun 28, 2011
gmaverick019 said:
theevilgenius60 said:
that is probably the one instance where i would recruit every motorcyclist in town and pay them 50 bucks a piece to come with me and rev that shit up to kingdom come right in their faces.

*proud troll smile on face*
And these guys could get that $50. We would hire them, but they already do it for free. Solid dudes
Captcha: GxG opiclio

Swarles

Jul 17, 2009
I just thought of the greatest idea. We get a band to go to a WBC protest and start to sing songs like 'We Hate You, Please Die' by Crash and the Boy (Scott Pilgrim BTW), 'Longview' by Green Day, 'Christian's Inferno' also by Green Day, 'Hallowed be thy Name' by Iron Maiden, and 'Number of the Beast' also by Iron Maiden. It would be priceless, and they could drown out the WBC. If someone has the guts to do this, please videotape it and send it to me.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Here is what you do to get rid of them:

Get a boom box and either play Rick Roll, or Any Way You Want It.

Chasing-The-Light

Jul 16, 2011
Props to you for handling those guys so well. xD I love watching videos on them and listening to what they have to say because of how ridiculous it is. But I know if I had been in the situation, I definitely would not have handled it quite as politely or quite as nicely as you.

My way of dealing with it woulda been more... well... well, vandalism woulda been the worst of their problems, to put it lightly.

I'm not a Christian or anything that would warrant me being legitimately insulted by them. I just have a profound hatred for ignorance like theirs.

Averant

Jul 6, 2010
Bhaalspawn said:
Best reply to WBC:

If you ever see someone with the sign "God Hates F*gs", stop right in front of them, pull out a cigeratte, light it, look at the sign and say "On second thought, maybe I wont."
I laughed at that, but nobody who isn't british will likely get that. (I only got it cause I read a british webcomic :p)

Scrubiii

Apr 19, 2011
Cavan said:
I would follow them around partially singing gay bar pretty loudly for a while.

YOU, I WANNA TAKE YOU TO A GAY BAR! I'M GONNA TAKE YOU TO A GAY BAR, GAY BAR! GAY BAR!!! *air guitar*

I think people would join in after a while, and then if the police came I would quite happily tell them I was stretching my legs in my home town and that this is my normal route and if he had any suggestions for songs.

I'd like to see them sue me for walking and singing in public.

Unfortunately, this is just a dream..because if any one of those truly 'enlightened' people came to the UK they would instantly be convincted of a fair few crimes and probably locked alone in a cold dark hole somewhere forever.
Something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2kD1YUtA5o

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
However, some anonymous hero had slashed all of their tires and removed their license plates, as well as cause all of the oil from the van to leak out.
That is something I would easily imagine myself doing if they ever showed up. Then, I would spray paint "I did it for teh lulz" on the side of the van.

Anyway, should I ever be in your position, I would reply "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn", flip them the bird, then, if I'm feeling motivated enough, do a drive-by with a Super Soaker.

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
PortalFTW said:
I just thought of the greatest idea. We get a band to go to a WBC protest and start to sing songs like 'We Hate You, Please Die' by Crash and the Boy (Scott Pilgrim BTW), 'Longview' by Green Day, 'Christian's Inferno' also by Green Day, 'Hallowed be thy Name' by Iron Maiden, and 'Number of the Beast' also by Iron Maiden. It would be priceless, and they could drown out the WBC. If someone has the guts to do this, please videotape it and send it to me.
No, what you really need is something like this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwZhRpU3YEk

or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj_i-ah-64g&feature=related

their faces would probably melt at the amount at anti-religious material in this music.