So... What are you doing for Valentine's Day?

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
It's just Saturday for me...which means it's my busiest work day followed by playing Marvel Puzzle Quest, Hearthstone, and some Last Dream all while watching my online shows (squirty plays, TGWTG, MST3K movies, completionist, extra credits).

It's a good day save for the longer work hours.

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
I'm getting sauced and playing ESO. Also having a burrito now. Pizza later. Good chance I wont feel great tomorrow. This isn't because it's a Hallmark holiday, it's because it's Saturday. I'll probly rub one out at some point too, also because it's Saturday (and good for my prostate).

WaysideMaze

The Butcher On Your Back
Apr 25, 2010
I've made myself a lovely steak and haggis meal, accompanied by some Whyte and Mackay blended scotch whisky, and a length of toffee flavoured brown pigtail tobacco.

I seem to have confused today with Burns night.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
Only Valentine's day related thing I did was to (inadvertedly) watch the season 2 Valentine's episode of Futurama and laugh my ass off. Oh, and I watched both Captain America movies with my sister and my dad.

Ryallen

Will never say anything smart
Feb 25, 2014
Moving, mostly. My family just bought a new house and we are in the process of moving all of our crap there. I have a lot of boxes, and it is boring as FUCK.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I just had a date actually, an actual Valentine's Day date.

And quite frankly it was the most boring girl I've spent time with in a long, long time. No matter what I tried to say or how much I tried to instigate fun, lively conversation, I just got dull, vapid responses. All she managed to talk with more than three phrases in a row was her bloody company car. So...normal. Yet she thanked me for the 'Cool night' with a big grin and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

I, however, have no intention of repeating this with her any time soon. Time to grab a good beer and listen to the latest Dresden Files audiobook a bit more. At least Kingsman was a surprisingly cool movie.

Mezahmay

Dec 11, 2013
Playing games instead of doing school work and light drinking, like most Saturdays.

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
My dog exploded from both ends all over her crate for the second time in three days, so I spent the past hour cleaning up that mess and airing out the apartment, which still reeks. I'm a terrible downer for saying so, but it seems like a pretty decent metaphor for my life so far this year. I'm going to bed now.

GrumbleGrump

Oct 14, 2014
Well I'm here, unable to sleep, after a day of playing Insurgency, Terraria and Twattlefield Battlefield 4; fucking about in Pimp My Gun and thinking about a realization I had a few months back:

I haven't really liked anyone for a long time, to the point I just gave up on the whole idea of having a girlfriend. Even trying to picture it feels like just pure fantasy to me. It feels the same way that picturing myself with superpowers feels. It's... Alien to me. Just something that doesn't happen to me.

Now, what disturbs me isn't that I get (or don't, I guess) these feelings. What kinda disturbs me is that I'm okay with it. I guess that being the quiet, passive recluse I've always been means that I'm just going to forget about such a thing I figure. It's just me and the brown recluses that live with me, cos I can't be arsed to clean my fucking room.

Also, in unrelated news, I've gotten the feeling that something's watching me, right now. Like if I turn around I'm going to find something out of Silent Hill.

Pseudonym

Legacy
Feb 26, 2014
Country
Nederland
Being tired mostly. Me and a couple of guys were at a friends house yesterday and it got a little late. I also bought a present for a birthday on the 15th. In fact, during the whole of valentines day, and the twelve hours before and after it I don't think I have met any women. Valentines never meant much to me or the people I know so it isn't a big deal.

Mikkel421427

Nov 10, 2010
Well, in my country, Valentine's was yesterday (the 14th), and I spent that playing in a Netrunner tournament

MrFalconfly

Sep 5, 2011
As someone from outside the US I'm gonna do the same shit as every other time this question pops up on some internet forums.

I'm gonna wonder what valentines is, and when this supposed holiday is taking place, and maybe why I should in any way care.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
ON Valentine's day, my wife worked late, came back at night and found I hadn't ordered enough takeaway food for her. We didn't speak for the remainder of that day or the day after. I got to finish Sniper Elite III and watch Death Proof in the interim. Today has gone quite nicely though, with long walks, cake and "Bumbo cocktails".

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
I went to Telford Comic Con in cosplay and bought lots of awesome swag, yay! Best Valentines Day ever.
Comic con isn't as good as it usually is, a bit small this year I thought. Just felt a bit... different.

Also I got into a relationship today which is good.

Even better, I've completed my Eeveelution plushie collection! *beams* ^-^

renegade7

Feb 9, 2011
1.) Homework and studying, because I have kind of a lot of that. I learned how to compute a discrete time Fourier transform, so there's that.

2.) Programming. I finally figured out how to program an AVR controller with avrdude and gcc from the terminal with just the controller chip and a $5 serial programmer (as in, just the chip powered by a 5V regulator on a breadboard directly connected to the computer instead of on a pre-built development kit like Arduino). And none of this IDE software stuff either: write text file with gedit, compile with gcc, and program with avrdude. The entire toolchain, manually. Take that you lesser nerds.

3.) Played through Hatoful Boyfriend with some friends. It was....weird. It was really like watching Birdemic, just one "WTF" moment after another, and that kind of made it hilarious.