So What Do You Guys Think of the Slender Man Movie That was Funded by Kickstarter?

cojo965

Jul 28, 2012
lordcloud47 said:
cojo965 said:
lordcloud47 said:
cojo965 said:
lordcloud47 said:
Whoa! Watching this right now, I will get back to you! Ive been really getting into this lately with all the Marble Hornets stuff, and the Slender games.
So, what are your thoughts?

Edit: Whoops, nevermind your thoughts only just came up.
Its all good! Though I could probably go into better detail.
Slenderman, as a mythos isnt scary by himself. You have to kind of get into the mindset that he IS watching you, and that he IS coming for you. The movie captures this wonderfully using the first person shaky cam perspective. The plot is broken up nicely through several perspectives. Being the Kids, detective and etc. Its paced well, and that acting isnt horrible. Its a jumpscare kinda movie, which is effective and not over the top. It builds the suspense, which is what slenderman is good at (You know what Im talking about if youve played the games). As I said before, only complaint is the sound quality at moments,

Its pretty good.
What did you think about the final act when Slender Man gets to flex his supernatural muscle and the apparent Proxy of the film?
It was surprising. And interesting. I thought the movie could have ended with where it was before the video call between all the friends.
Not sure with the last question. IDK if I follow what you mean.
The dad, he was giving children to the Slenderman, thereby becoming a Proxy like totheark or Habit. You don't remember that Slenderman was giving him instructions?

Miss Layton

Feb 18, 2013
Personally... well, to be honest, I wish it focused more on the father than the other characters. The others - especially the sibling duo - were mind numbingly, audience-insultingly dumber than a bag of hammers. They fall in the same trappings as your garden variety moron in horror movies, it was annoying.

Meanwhile, the father's character arc - before the final act and he was relegated to just a measly antagonist - was interesting. It was a fresh spin on the usual Slender story and it could have been genuinely tragic. There was something good there, but it was under-utilized, untapped, unfulfilled.

Still, this might have some of the best special effects in any Slender Man story out there, on par with TribeTwelve. Damning with faint praise, I know, but credit where credit's due.

Miss Layton

Feb 18, 2013
Capitano Segnaposto said:
As a movie made by the internet? Not bad.

As a horror movie in general? Shit. It wasn't scary, at all. Jump Scares do not equate to real scares. Then again, it is hard trying to make Slenderman actually scary. I never found him to be scary in either the original stories, nor the mediocre games.
^
^
^

This. All the way, this. Spot on, Capitano!

GlorySeeker

Oct 6, 2010
cojo965 said:
lordcloud47 said:
cojo965 said:
lordcloud47 said:
cojo965 said:
lordcloud47 said:
Whoa! Watching this right now, I will get back to you! Ive been really getting into this lately with all the Marble Hornets stuff, and the Slender games.
So, what are your thoughts?

Edit: Whoops, nevermind your thoughts only just came up.
Its all good! Though I could probably go into better detail.
Slenderman, as a mythos isnt scary by himself. You have to kind of get into the mindset that he IS watching you, and that he IS coming for you. The movie captures this wonderfully using the first person shaky cam perspective. The plot is broken up nicely through several perspectives. Being the Kids, detective and etc. Its paced well, and that acting isnt horrible. Its a jumpscare kinda movie, which is effective and not over the top. It builds the suspense, which is what slenderman is good at (You know what Im talking about if youve played the games). As I said before, only complaint is the sound quality at moments,

Its pretty good.
What did you think about the final act when Slender Man gets to flex his supernatural muscle and the apparent Proxy of the film?
It was surprising. And interesting. I thought the movie could have ended with where it was before the video call between all the friends.
Not sure with the last question. IDK if I follow what you mean.
The dad, he was giving children to the Slenderman, thereby becoming a Proxy like totheark or Habit. You don't remember that Slenderman was giving him instructions?
Oh! I didnt know what you meant by proxy. My apologies. I remember it, and I thought it was awesome. it helped make the overall plot alot more interest rather than just a few random kids starting to see him, etc etc.