So... what happened at the VGA's?

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
I didn't watch it because A. I knew that all the trailers they would have would be online within the hour B. I didn't want to up their viewership at all to make it seam like they are doing a good job and C. I was busy. From what I have collected so far, Black Ops won best FPS, Nintendo got the shaft, and that is about it. So, what happened? Was it as bad as last year with "Best Female Human" award going to "the hotz chic from Transformers" and "best independent game FUELED BY MOUNTAIN DEW", slightly better, or a whole level worse?

Kiba The Wolf

Aug 7, 2009
It was pretty crappy, it got worse when Neil Patrick Harris won best voice actor ( it was a pay off) it should have gone to Martin Sheen

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
They almost launched a chicken at a bunch of pigs

Then PETA had to ruin it. Also, Mass Effect 3.

Also, why didn't Ezio win character of the year?

Kiba The Wolf

Aug 7, 2009
I forget, crappy Kratos won character of the year ( he is not that great of a character)
It should have gone to John Marston or Ezio

oops, Kratos didn't win, guy from Black ops won which isn't as bad, but still

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
I really can't describe the level of frat-boy douchebaggery so I'll let a vgcats comic sum it up.
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/090811.jpg
just think of what an award would be like if run by these guys.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Agayek said:
The Rookie Gamer said:
A CoD character won character of the year.

WTF?
Wait. Call of Duty has characters? Since when?
It's stupid stuff like this that makes me avoid events like the VGAs. If a CoD character was named character of the year, Chuck Greene must have been named unquestioned God of Ducktape and, Pikachu as the reincarnation of Christ. I vaguely remember the single player campaign of MW2. It says I was 3 or 4 different people...but they all controlled the same and seemed unable to speak. I also remember...betrayal but that's about all.

Anyway, the things that happened at the VGAs that mattered was the official reveal of Mass Effect 3 and, the official reveal of Elder Scrolls V. Other stuff probably happened too but those two are the biggest...in my opinion: maybe you're more excited about the new SSX? The first was pretty sweet after all.

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
jamradar said:
[HEADING=1]ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM[/HEADING]

Was announced...
Yep. that's about it.
I didn't watch them, but that's the only part that really matters.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Mass Effect 3 was announced. Your petty existence know has a purpose...
Well, we all kind of knew it was coming anyway :p

So, what happened BESIDES the announced games?

What I am asking is how did they ruin the industries reputation this year?

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
Not G. Ivingname said:
I didn't watch it because A. I knew that all the trailers they would have would be online within the hour
This this this a million times THIS!!! I hear so many people say they're only watching it for the trailers, and every time I just have to wonder why the hell you would torture yourself when they're put up online almost as soon as they air? It makes absolutely no sense to me at all.

As such, I haven't watched the VGA's since...04? Or was it 05? I remember Snoop Dog was hosting, and that right there tells you pretty much everything about the VGA's. They're not marketed toward gamers, they're marketed towards the frat boy crowd. I remember I turned it off right after the 'hot girls read cheat codes' segment. I mean come on, really? Of course I like me some hot babes, but that's just low.

northeast rower

Dec 14, 2010
The Rookie Gamer said:

WTF?
To be fair, Ezio has already been established and Kratos and Marston aren't that strong (c'mon, Marston's good but his characteristics are schizophrenic). I thought that Woods was a great character, but I was disappointed that no one from Mass Effect 2 was there.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
The Rookie Gamer said:

WTF?
-_-

Please tell me your joking/ lieing/ insane/ trying to spread pain throughout the world.

I liked Black Ops, but the lowest point I thought was the single player.

If nothing else, why not one of the guys from Zombie Mode? Those guys are just FUNNY, espicially Richtofen and Kennedy.