So what made you smile today?

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
TizzytheTormentor said:
I kicked an orphan got Bacon and Cheese fries! Nothing is nicer after a day of work.
I didn't know such things existed, why have no-one told me of this before?! I demand to see these bacon cheese fries and to get some!

Vault101 said:
People actually notice the 6 hours worth of effort I put into my avatars!

I actually have better things I should be doing..but I make avatars instead..thats dedication!
It looks pretty awesome, you did a great job there. I'd say you spent those 6 hours very well.

OT: I got a compliment about my body today. It's kept me going all day. I got low self esteem and this will probably keep me going until Christmas.

Aedes

Sep 11, 2009
I bough tons of chocolat for my mom since her birthday is tomorrow.

So yeah, kinda felt good. :3

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
Oh another thing, saw some different reviews and lets plays of hitman absolution, while most complain I've decided that it looks awesome. At least to me, so I pre ordered it.

That made me smile. <3

Ashadowpie

Feb 3, 2012
i saw 2 red squirrels a male and female cardinal, a bluejay and its fledgling taking turns feasting on the bird bath/feeder thing i filled with seeds 20 minutes before. so many pictures

that totally put a smile on my face

dogenzakaminion

Jun 15, 2010
Kitten Livestream. Posted by the Number three poster on this thread...that really was the thing that made me smile today. Thank you random poster:)

Slenn

Cosplaying Nuclear Physicist
Nov 19, 2009
Playing Touhou 7 again and finally getting to stage 6 with no continues and also facing Yuyuko! I died horribly, but I finally got through Youmou!

I also ate pancakes today as well!

And also Desert Bus is happening.

Darren716

Jul 7, 2011
I saw a 50 shades of grey cd next to a kids bop cd at Target, I was laughing for a good few minutes.

Baron_Rouge

Oct 30, 2009
That I'm going to see to Nickelback tomorrow :D

That was not sarcasm, I am actually going to see Nickelback tomorrow, and I am genuinely excited about it. Also, Playstation All-Stars comes out in a few days, and on the day I finish exams, no less!

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
My cat. I got him for my birthday 2 months ago and every morning he wakes me up by butting my head and licking my nose. Always makes me smile even if it's always at 7 in the morning....

Every. Single. Morning....I wonder why I still keep an alarm clock o_O

DYin01

Oct 18, 2008
I completely slaughtered Gravelord Nito on New Game Plus in one go with a great club half an hour ago. It made me smile.

Mau95

Nov 11, 2011
I have no idea, I just started smiling for no particular reason earlier today.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
jhoroz said:
Nothing. Me smiling is as rare an event as seeing the eclipse is.
Again, the very first thing I said was to not say this, it is off topic and ruins the mood of the thread. :(

OT: Just pre-ordered Grand Theft Auto V on gamestop, for 5 euro I got a GTA poster and four Skyrim posters, as well as the pre-order. <3

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Zantos said:
The thing that made me smile most was my roast parsnips. They're the sort of thing we normally only have on special occasions like Christmas dinner, but we had some in a veg pack and I thought I'd roast one up with Sunday lunch.

Boiled for 5 mins, covered in golden syrup and sprinkled with cinnamon, then roasted for an hour or so. Could have turned out very wrong, but I don't think it could have turned out better.

soren7550 said:
Considering I haven't been up that long[footnote]Ok, that's a bit of a lie, since I've been on and off with sleep since 7:30 ish thanks to the loudmouth roomie and his sasquatch friend.[/footnote], so far the only thing that's made me smile today was a nice warm, big hug from my boyfriend. I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooove hugs from him though, so they just make me really happy.
Blergh, happy couples with their damn relationships. Bah humbug. Though I am curious about the sasquatch.
I WILL CRAM OUR CUTESY COUPLY-NESS DOWN YOUR BITTER THROAT!!

*a-hem* I mean, the sasquatch is one of the pothead's plethora of loudmouth chain smoking friends that spends way too much time here, and actually stayed her for a a few months, but due to the fact that she left all her shit everywhere, ate everyone's food, and treated this place as her own personal hangout, she was given the boot.

She still has a key for here, or at least she did, as one night a while back she came here in the dead of night so that she could have sex with I don't know who quite loudly in the pothead's bead.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
HylianSlayer said:
Miracle of Sound
Firstly, welcome to the Escapist! *throws confetti*
Second, beware posting low content posts. The mods don't like them. So you'll have to elaborate as to why Mr. Potatohead made you smile.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Watching Desert Bus. Matt's frump face made me smile tons. He's such a horrible person (alright guy really) for crashing the bus so many times.

C F

Jan 10, 2012
Probably the funniest thing I saw was today's Homestuck update.
Sometimes I'm sad by the amount of context someone would need to get it, so I'm not going to share.
If you're familiar with it, you're caught up to date in the story, and thus you know what I'm talking about.

VeryOddGamer said:
I watched a Halo Waypoint exclusive miniseries of Red vs Blue.
I actually laughed.
Yay.
Wait, wait. Let me guess.
It was Where There's a Will, There's a Wall.