So what webcomics do YOU like?

AmoDman

Dec 21, 2007
Penny Arcade and 8-Bit are the only ones that have had any lasting sense of quality IMO.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Penny Arcade
PvP (From time to time.)
VG cats
Drowtales

I used to read Ctrl-Alt-Del, but I came to the conclusion that the over-wording, the unfunny characters and annoyingly ugly women ruined it.

brewbeard

Nov 29, 2007
Apart from many of the others in this massive list of webcomicry, I also like to read Awkward Zombie for nintendo-inspired fun, and Minus (Kiwis by Beat) for some Calvin and Hobbes-style antics.

Kogepan

Nov 9, 2007
Penny Arcade (duh)
xkcd
Three Panel Soul (used to be MacHall comics)
Punch an Pie (spinoff of Queen of Wands)
GU Comics (sporadic. I like how Woody puts Threadless tees in his comics)
Girl Genius (sort of... I wait until the collections come out so I can get the story in huge chunks instead of MWF)

Used to read until they sort of petered out:
Chipmunk Bay (loved this one)
Alien Loves Predator

Don Alejandro

Nov 15, 2007
It's probably a bitter streak of mine, but I'd have a better chance at saying which webcomics I don't like and why rather than the other way around. But I'll give it a shot and see how far I ramble.

Well, Perry Bible Fellowship is pretty good. Concerned was funny. xkcd or whatnot is usually fairly clever. Doctor McNinja is pretty well done, with excellent artwork now, much improved over when it first began. Pretty clever and funny, to boot. I like the references dropped, and when the zombies did that Thriller dance I laughed.

PVP's too random, but the art's pretty alright and definitely improved. VGCats seems like a poor attempt to copy this, but with (get this!) cats! Sorry, not wowed.
I cannot stand CTRL+ALT+DEL or Megatokyo. Inane, with poor choice of stylization and art movement, and dull plot segments in both. CAD also seems to be in poor taste half the time, and it being intentional doesn't help. The creator of CAD apparently ran into some trouble involving him, ah, exposing himself to a minor along with his being a pompous hosebag (Though that's probably not something he can change). Hmm. The creator of Megatokyo, who probably goes by some Japanese moniker I can't be bothered to memorize all 12 syllables of so I'll just call him Freddy, apparently ripped off his friend Largo.

I could make some kind of weight based attack on ol' Freddy, like calling him, "Large-o" in being similar to his former underling (That's their relationship, right?) Largo's name, but I won't. Interestingly, Largo's leaving is when Megatokyo stopped being tolerable and became some sort of self-insert Japanese comic wannabe webcomic.

Ack, see what I've gone and done? Can't comment once on webcomics without bringing up some of the more popular shills and hacks.

Laniatus

Oct 25, 2007
I read a lot of stuff, most of which I forget the name of.

Heres a small list:
Ctrlaltdel
XKCD
Dresden Codak
Jack of all blades
Least I could Do
Looking for group
PVP

uberlad

Dec 16, 2007
hmmm, in order of how frequently I read and enjoy them:

Penny Arcade
XKCD
Cyanide and Happiness
theWAREHOUSE
VG Cats
PBF

...and a few others that no one probably cares about. Those are the best though. I saw a few Softer Worlds on this thread; also a good one.

keithburgun

Aug 1, 2007
Penny Arcade and VG Cats SUCK, and if you think you like them you need to seriously re-evaluate what the definition of "joke" is. I only read the Perry Bible Fellowship.

Zetim

Oct 6, 2007
explosism, for the constant barrage of subterfuging political correctness
xkcd for the extreme dorkyness
8bit for the occasional awesome
every so often, VGcats for videogame dorkery
and white ninja, for sheer awesome randomness.

Drowmonk

Nov 7, 2007
This is as good a time as any to talk about me and my brother's comic: The Unnamed Fellowship [http://unnamedfellowship.smackjeeves.com].

It's similer the OotS and Nodwick [http://Nodwick.humor.gamespy.com/index.htm] but done with Lego.

Please start it from the beginning. But keep in mind it gets better later on. I can't even look at the first 6 eps anymore.

Comics I read (listed alphabetically):

8-bit theater
Gobwin knob (on the same site as OotS)
OotS
Rooster teeth comics
VGcats (when they update)

portuga-man

Dec 23, 2007
I listen to king Solomon the wise (http://badwebcomics.blogspot.com/). shame the elders of zion are on hiatus, but it's particularly funny when ppl take this stuff so seriously that they send him death threats.

anyway, i read:

-digital unrest
-cyanide and happiness
-concerned
-looking for group (sometimes. I hate it when they go for those ""dramatic"" story arks. what's wrong with the jokes?!)
-rogue Jones, the looter (don't know if it can be considered a webcomic :x)
-uothief (same as rogue Jones, only more recent)
-fanboys (sometimes it's funny. specially the minis)
-sosarian tales (eggman takes a lot of time to update it with more comics, but it's worth it. he has, IMO, the best art style, and is the one who puts more work into his creations)

mintfresh

Nov 28, 2007
VGCats...on the rare occasion it updates

CAD, ever since reading the first three years worth when I should've been revising for my final exams...oops

8 bit-theatre, because it's sheer awesomeness.

Perry bible fellowship, always taking it one panel too far

Looking for Group, well drawn, well written and consistently updated, good stuff

Dilbert...no real reason

Divinegon

Dec 12, 2007
Let's see, in the order of in which they are in my bookmarks:

- Blade Kitten (I do believe that site kinda died though)
- Misfile (Not bad art, neat concept although it does drag on at times)
- Megatokyo (Very pleasant art in my eyes and the author has a trait in being able to keep the story going without having to force itself to present something new)
- Fireball20xl (You know That's My Sonic is pure awesome. But I do see it for some of the other comics as well)
- VG Cats (Cleverly executed when it's on a good roll)
- Nuklear Power (I just can't stop being amazed at this man's wit)
- Girly (Although I don't enjoy it as much as it was in the beginning. I think it just went off tracks of the essence of the story and doesn't know what to do with itself)
- Clone.Manga (Pure surreal art and humor...when it gets updated)
- Penny Arcade (Really don't need to talk about this one)
- Sore Thumbs (Lovable cast with a good amount of social humor)
- The Lounge: Sexy, Cute and Purrific (Crappy art at the beginning with no real plot. But then the art totally got revamped, there's an interesting plot going on, even if it does drag. And there are lesbians!)
- Least I Could Do (In the words of the comic itself: I love this guy!)
- Grim Tales from Down Below (That along with bleedman's other comics. He's tremendously good at drawing, creates excellent character and object concepts, specially the demonic themed ones, and devises entertaining plots that involve popular Cartoon Network characters, only this time, they're awesome)

Unbirthday

Dec 30, 2007
Vampirates (because what's not to like about it? xD)
VG cats ('cause I love it to death. I miss new pages though. )
Lackadaisy (Absolutely wonderful. I love it to pieces. And then some.)