So whatcha playing Escapists?

Jason Rayes

Sep 5, 2012
The Eupho Guy said:
I meant Tales of Xillia 2 but thanks for the write up on both. I have a Tales stack here and am working my way through Tales of Graces F at the moment with Tales of Xillia next and Xillia 2 after.The plots of the Tales games have never been spectacular but its the characters and their banter are that I come for, there is usually some comedy gold there. That and the excellent combat system, even more fun with friends :)

Timber and stone sounds time consuming, 80 hours for one level? Ouch :)

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
The Longest Journey - BEST adventure game EVER!
Stick it to the Man - Remind me a lot of a Tim Schafer's game a lot.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, I'm not entirely sure that I like it. It is kinda fiddly when it comes to accurately chopping people up and the parry only works half the time. But that could just be me being rubbish at it.

Sep 9, 2007
Jason Rayes said:
Timber and stone sounds time consuming, 80 hours for one level? Ouch :)
It is :p There's no real endgame, the only game over condition is the death of all of your settlers, so if you get to a point where your settlement is well established, the only things that could end it for you are boredom or starvation. They're a bit out of date, but here's a couple pictures from a progress report I did for the T&S forum:

A_Parked_Car

Oct 30, 2009
I have been playing a lot of XCOM: Enemy Within and Wargame: Red Dragon lately. They are both excellent games.

Inglorious891

Dec 17, 2011
Picked up a Wii U recently so I've been playing games on that mostly. Mario Kart 8 (aka rage incarnate) and Wind Waker HD. About to also start Wonderful 101.

Also playing the occasional mission in World at War, playing a few games in TF2, and playing any random game my online buddies are up for.

A_Parked_Car said:
I have been playing a lot of XCOM: Enemy Within and Wargame: Red Dragon lately. They are both excellent games.
Oh God, Red Dragon. A game I want to play and be good at but God damn is there a learning curve. Been trying to learn but as I'm quickly finding out going into a game without a few friends usually results in you getting stomped on.

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
SweetShark said:
Yes it is fantastic the sequel (Dreamfall) is also worth getting to carry on the story but you might want to wait and see if the third part is ever released because Dreamfall ends on one hell of a cliffhanger.

Actively playing atm

Under Night In birth
Unlimited Red: One piece
Warriors Orochi 3
Deception 4 Blood Ties

Just finished Vanquish but may go back and try a harder difficulty and the missions as the game rocked.

Ones I am semi playing as in keep coming back to are

DOA5
Skullgirls

Theres a few others I go back to every now and again like USF4 but I feel mostly done with them atm.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Maximum Bert said:
SweetShark said:
Yes it is fantastic the sequel (Dreamfall) is also worth getting to carry on the story but you might want to wait and see if the third part is ever released because Dreamfall ends on one hell of a cliffhanger.

Actively playing atm

Under Night In birth
Unlimited Red: One piece
Warriors Orochi 3
Deception 4 Blood Ties

Just finished Vanquish but may go back and try a harder difficulty and the missions as the game rocked.

Ones I am semi playing as in keep coming back to are

DOA5
Skullgirls

Theres a few others I go back to every now and again like USF4 but I feel mostly done with them atm.
Sh*t, I always forget I have Skullgirls, and to think I created 4-5 Threads for this game.
Do you like to play one time.
But beware: I s*ck balls. This also the reason I didn't played a lot multiplayer...or at all.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Mass Effect 2

I am finally making my way through the series. I'm really enjoying the second one, the first one felt like a bit of a slog at times.

If anyone says anything to me about the story or the ending, I will end you.

Kiba Bloodfang

Jan 24, 2010
I'm messing around with FaceRig!

... I guess that's not really a game.

Other than that, I've been playing through Diablo III.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
I'm currently getting through Pokemon Y after finally managing to shell out for a 3DS XL. I'm enjoying it quite a lot - the added features are all pretty cool and the French setting is wonderful. Definitely a nice little revitalization for the series after the ok-but-not-great Black2/White2.

MatsVS

Tea & Grief
Nov 9, 2009
School recently started again, so I don't have the time to play as much as I'd like, so I've mostly been playing matches of LoL with my girlfriend when time allows. I'm quite enjoying the various champions' design, and the easy-to-learn/hard-to-master gameplay. Not crazy about the business model, however.

Jacques Joseph

Nov 15, 2012
Right now, Bastion and Blood 2. I´m not sure what I expected out of Bastion but it sure feels much more like a regular action/hack-and-slash game than a RPG. The story doesn´t seem to be too ground-breaking either but maybe I just let myself get too hyped up about it. Oh well, it´s still a fun little game and I´m enjoying it, so no problem...

Blood 2 is a bit of a nostalgia run for me. I played it when I was 14 just when it came out and loved it then, so I wanted to try out if I´d still enjoy it some 15 years later. So far so good, although I was a bit surprised that in one evening I managed to get much farther than I thought. I´m on the helicarrier level and I remember that when I was playing the game back then, I had spent many a day playing to get there and felt that I must be at least halfway through the game, while in fact I was just halfway through the first chapter...

EDIT: Plus a week ago, I just finished Spec Ops: The Line. That was a great game, I went in not knowing anything and was very pleasantly surprised.
When there is the stand-off between you and the CIA agent, I just let it play out not doing anything, thinking it is a cutscene, but then I realized there was the crosshair the whole time, so I reloaded, tried shooting and found out I actually had a choice. At that moment - just WOW.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Im currently playing Diablo 3 UEE, which is great. I've put so much time into it since release that I have sort of hit the point where Im only playing it to fill time though. Until Destiny next week, and then The Crew in November.

I seem to be one of the few people who is anticipating The Crew over everything else. I cant wait to roll about with my friends, doing whatever strikes us as we explore the world. It looks like the most unstructured fun will have in a while with video games.

Spushkin

Nov 2, 2011
I finally got around to trying the sound and graphics overhaul for Morrowind. Just started the game yesterday and messed about Seyda Neen for half an hour. Has it really been 12 years? God damn it, I feel old now.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
Spushkin said:
I finally got around to trying the sound and graphics overhaul for Morrowind. Just started the game yesterday and messed about Seyda Neen for half an hour. Has it really been 12 years? God damn it, I feel old now.
Ive seen some youtube videos of what the modders have done. They make the game look amazing.

Caiphus

Social Office Corridor
Mar 31, 2010
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth on the Vita.

It's pretty good. Marginally grindy and the combat isn't super deep. But hey, it's a game about video game consoles re-imagined as magical women who fight in their robot swimsuits, so what's not to like?

6 stars out of 8.

JayRPG

Oct 25, 2012
Tales of Xillia 2 mainly, I had a 20 hour binge at some point in the last few days.

I bought all the Atelier Plus series on the Vita because they were all on sale, I just started Rorona, which I'm sure I've played before on PS3 but apparently the Vita versions are better.

Ten Foot Bunny

I'm more of a dishwasher girl
Mar 19, 2014
Absolutely nothing for the past six weeks, and I can't find a shred of desire to play anything at all. The last few times I played I wound up having really bad experiences with others.

Maybe I'd play something if I knew I was going to have fun instead of having people coming down on me.