So what's going on with the Post-George Floyd situation?

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Is that part of Minneapolis still a police free zone, has the cops taken back that police department? The only recent news related I found is that the cop that had his knee on Floyd is allowed to leave Minnesota while awaiting trial.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
What's going on?

Nothing has changed. Because we have a 'president' who is more concerned about placating his ignorant cult than trying to make America safer for all Americans.
Trump stands in a proud tradition of American presidents upholding white supremacy. And it looks like Biden won't be much different if he gets the chance, albeit much more politely.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Nothing has changed. Because we have a 'president' who is more concerned about placating his ignorant cult than trying to make America safer for all Americans.
To be fair Lindsey Graham did say black men are safe to go anywhere in South Carolina if they're conservative and don't talk back.
So a little progress. All of South Carolina used to be a no-go zone for non-Confederate types.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
To be fair Lindsey Graham did say black men are safe to go anywhere in South Carolina if they're conservative and don't talk back.
So a little progress. All of South Carolina used to be a no-go zone for non-Confederate types.
That was just him waxing nostalgic about the days back on the plantation before the "War of Northern Aggression." Incidentally, there are Southerners who still call the Civil War that. I've met them in person.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
That was just him waxing nostalgic about the days back on the plantation before the "War of Northern Aggression." Incidentally, there are Southerners who still call the Civil War that. I've met them in person.
My great-grandpa used to call his bellybutton the 'hole where the Yankee shot him', although i've heard it also as the 'hole where the Yankee stabbed him' from other older dudes back in the day.

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
I'm just waiting for the 2nd round of mass riots and looting. Hopefully people would be a lot smarter to steal from big supermarkets and not film themselves for instagram points. It's not wrong to steal from big banks and corporations when they are well insured.

Reactions: Kwak

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
What's going on?

Thing is I am kinda worried that this is gonna be...not forgotten, but put aside because of other events that are happening right now, when was thinking this should at least be more monitored.

Like I am worried that Derek Chauvin is gonna be a acquitted and not go on trial at all, because of the lack of pressure on the legal system to do so.

Reactions: ObsidianJones

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
Thing is I am kinda worried that this is gonna be...not forgotten, but put aside because of other events that are happening right now, when was thinking this should at least be more monitored.

Like I am worried that Derek Chauvin is gonna be a acquitted and not go on trial at all, because of the lack of pressure on the legal system to do so.
Hence the reason that some of these protests have turned into riots... partially. Provocateurs are being discovered, but of course they don't make up all the rioting. There is a general feeling of being crushed under a boot lawfully, then told to smile and don't be upset about that's been happening for years...

Hell, we already have a thread about how the majority tried to kidnap a Governor for a few months of what they considered oppression. It's really sad to say, but this country is getting off light compared to the amount and time of oppression that minorities actually suffer during this nation's history.

Last edited:

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Hell, we already have a thread about how the majority tried to kidnap a Governor for a few months of what they considered oppression.
Funny how the people who lost sleep over broken windows aren't all that upset by kidnapping and conspiracy to commit murder. Can't possibly imagine why.

And I've said it before, but it's worth repeating: the majority of these whiny doucheketeers wouldn't know what oppression was if it threw them in chains and made them pick cotton.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
And it looks like Biden won't be much different if he gets the chance, albeit much more politely.

Have you read the article that's based on? It's remarkably low on detail, even for churnalism, and the only sources are Cuomo donors rather than anybody actually working for Biden or the party.

I'm not saying it's necessarily untrue, but... well, I see quite a few of the responses to that tweet saying that New Yorkers now need to vote for Trump to be rid of Cuomo. And then I remember a week or so ago, when it turned out the Republicans were targeting off-putting stories towards Biden voters in the hope of depressing the voteshare among specific groups.

We should be relying on a better standard of evidence when we know stuff like this is getting manipulated and churned out.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Trump stands in a proud tradition of American presidents upholding white supremacy. And it looks like Biden won't be much different if he gets the chance, albeit much more politely.

The guy who deliberately killed thousands in NY? WITHOUT Trump's help. Jesus Christ

After seeing Breanna Taylor grand jury not actually deal with Breanna Taylor at all.... Chauvin’s not going to see a trial at all. He's going to get away with killing Floyd. Maybe his family will get a payout

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
The guy who deliberately killed thousands in NY? WITHOUT Trump's help. Jesus Christ

After seeing Breanna Taylor grand jury not actually deal with Breanna Taylor at all.... Chauvin’s not going to see a trial at all. He's going to get away with killing Floyd. Maybe his family will get a payout
And indeed it will be at the rate this situation is going. No justice. The Narrative of George Floyd being a criminal or the Cop being acquited because of that "qualified something" excuse will prevail.

Last edited:

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
And indeed it will be at the rate this situation is going. No justice. The Narrative of George Floyd being a criminal or the Cop being acquited because of that "professional something" excuse will prevail.
I'm going to point out that many Conservatives think justice WAS served during the Breanna Taylor Grand Jury.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
What the ever living fuck does Trump have to do with this? We don't live in a fucking dictatorship, why is everyone so obsessed with Trump even when in a topic that doesn't have to with him?
Funny how the people who lost sleep over broken windows aren't all that upset by kidnapping and conspiracy to commit murder. Can't possibly imagine why.

And I've said it before, but it's worth repeating: the majority of these whiny doucheketeers wouldn't know what oppression was if it threw them in chains and made them pick cotton.
Because they got caught? Easier to be upset about something that's happened rather than something that has been stopped.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Have you read the article that's based on? It's remarkably low on detail, even for churnalism, and the only sources are Cuomo donors rather than anybody actually working for Biden or the party.

I'm not saying it's necessarily untrue, but... well, I see quite a few of the responses to that tweet saying that New Yorkers now need to vote for Trump to be rid of Cuomo. And then I remember a week or so ago, when it turned out the Republicans were targeting off-putting stories towards Biden voters in the hope of depressing the voteshare among specific groups.

We should be relying on a better standard of evidence when we know stuff like this is getting manipulated and churned out.
I mean, he also wrote the goddamned crime bill and his response to the Rodney King beating was to draft a "police officer's bill of rights" and promote it in Congress, so

And Kamala Harris is a cop.

What the ever living fuck does Trump have to do with this? We don't live in a fucking dictatorship, why is everyone so obsessed with Trump even when in a topic that doesn't have to with him?
You don't believe the violent response to protests by agents of the Federal government is relevant?

Last edited:
Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Because they got caught? Easier to be upset about something that's happened rather than something that has been stopped.
No, that's not it. Rational people still find vandalism far less serious than conspiracy to commit treason, kidnapping and probably murder and the laws on the books tend to agree.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I mean, he also wrote the goddamned crime bill and his response to the Rodney King beating was to draft a "police officer's bill of rights" and promote it in Congress, so

And Kamala Harris is a cop.
Yeah, I know, he's a shit.

I'm just saying we shouldn't lower our evidentiary threshold because of that, particularly when we know for a fact various disinformation campaigns are going on. And this specific story is shaky.

He's the goddamn President. The responsibility to address this lies more with him than with anybody else. That he has entirely abdicated that responsibility is one of the most relevant things I can think of.

Ditto every other congressman, governor, & related state or federal official in a related role. But the higher up the ladder you go, the greater the levers of power and-- in theory-- the responsibility.

Last edited: