So what's the lesbian term for a Beard?

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Random question, but I know a lot of LGBTQ's frequent this site. I was thinking about the term Beard, in regards to a woman that helps a gay male couple, appear straight. But what about a lesbian couple? Is this even a thing really in the lesbian community? To have a guy friend that helps you operate in stealth mode as a couple? If so, what are they called? Beard seems to be a perfectly good term as well, but hey, maybe there's another term for it.

Anyone know?

**Edit**

Got my answer, figured Beard would probably work either way, but was just curious. xD Thanks. Keep discussing Beards if you wish, but I got my answer.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Happyninja42 said:
Random question, but I know a lot of LGBTQ's frequent this site. I was thinking about the term Beard, in regards to a woman that helps a gay male couple, appear straight. But what about a lesbian couple? Is this even a thing really in the lesbian community? To have a guy friend that helps you operate in stealth mode as a couple? If so, what are they called? Beard seems to be a perfectly good term as well, but hey, maybe there's another term for it.

Anyone know?
It's still just beard. You can put "beard" in the personal ad you're writing for Craiglist =P

ThatOtherGirl

Jul 20, 2015
Still "beard" in my experience.

I think it is the common term used for any LGBTQ person getting help from someone else to operate in stealth mode. I know I have seen the term used when applied to trans women having cis women help them buy clothing.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Face pubes. That term is used in my area. Well I say my area, it's just my road. Well I say my road, just my flat. Well... okay its just me.

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
A frock, or at least it was when i heard that term in the 90's. Apparently not one else has.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Fuck I'm out of touch. I seriously had no idea this term even existed.

Ten Foot Bunny

I'm more of a dishwasher girl
Mar 19, 2014
Casual Shinji said:
You're not the only one... o_O Maybe I never cared about hiding my relationships or maybe it's not a big term in my area, but this is the first time I'm hearing about it.

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
Ten Foot Bunny said:
Casual Shinji said:
You're not the only one... o_O Maybe I never cared about hiding my relationships or maybe it's not a big term in my area, but this is the first time I'm hearing about it.
It's usually a bit of a celebrity thing. Celebrities have their relationships put under all kinds of scrutiny and a missing opposite-sex partner is usually a story in itself.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Ten Foot Bunny said:
I didn't know people still used it seriously. I joke about my SO being my beard, but that's pretty clearly not\...serious.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
Go team! We got there in the end.

Some funny jokes in here. Y'all keep doin' what you're doin'.