So what's the story behind your username/avatar?

Carbonyl

Jun 2, 2011
My username is my favorite class of functional groups. Can you see my science nerd showing?

My avatar is from a game my friends and I play over the summer on facebook (to deal with the withdrawal from not being together) where we "owl" each other. We post owls at each other and this is the first one I ever got.

Desworks

Nov 18, 2009
My name dates back to my old, old website (circa 1998) where I used to post whatever random art stuff I did. I'd hammered together a flash intro for the site that was a parody of the Dreamworks intro and, what with my name being Desmond, the whole Desworks thing seemed to fit.

The avatar is a random self portrait done while getting used to my wacom. It's not the best drawing ever, but luckily avatars tend to be very small, so you can't tell how horrid it is.

Stegofreak

Aug 6, 2008
A few years ago I got a CD-ROM with a dinosaur encyclopaedia on it that required a login for some games that were on it. Instead of using my usual username from that time I decided to create a new more dino related one. I like Stegosaurus...a lot, and so Stegofreak was born.

As for the avatar, I was watching Cowboy Bebop around the time I joined the escapist and haven't changed it since.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
There is literally no reason behind my username. It's quirky though, people seem to recognize me by it.

My avatar changes often enough, every few months I'd say. I was supposed to have gotten rid of this after March Mayhem, around three-some months ago, but I've yet to find something as good as freakout Feferi.

DrRockor

Jun 24, 2008
My username is the shortened version of my gamertag DrRockorlockorus. That is from when my friend was telling me about Metalocalypse. He was explaining Dr Rockso to me but he couldn't remember his name and as he said the first bit I said DrRockorlockorus. I just started using it.

I made my avatar on the scott pilgrim avatar creator. I dont think it exists anymore. I love the scott pilgrim art style so I made it and use it everywhere on the net

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Username: Not terribly exciting, so I'll shorten the story - I misspelled "doom", then decided I like the result since it didn't mean anything[footnote]Later on I actually looked it up, and it seems to be an Italian word for "time" or "future" or something along those lines. But it's not what I mean by it.[/footnote]. Capitalised the two consonants and that's it.

Avatar: Also not terribly exciting. I'm a World of Darkness junky. I wanted something from there, but most of the artwork isn't exactly fit for an avatar (75 x 75 px is small, after all). I finally went with this:

[http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/3605/nwow.jpg]

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
My username was my first online profile name back like 3 years ago. It does kinda sound like some douchey kid's COD name and hell I was a douchey COD kid. I do feel like the name will keep some people from taking me seriously, but hey It's not some name like "xXxX420KILLA69CHRONICxXxxxXXxXXx". I don't think it's so bad that I'd make a new profile and really, I still kinda like the name :).
As for my avatar, Persona 4 is my most favorite game ever that I have ever played ever ever. I played it about 2 years ago and I still gush over it. Plus it got me into the SMT series and all the other great games that Atlus has made. And I delude myself into thinking that I look just like the MC. :D

Captcha: skid row

~We are the youth gone wild!~
Damnit! It's stuck in mah head again!

Vegan_Doodler

May 29, 2011
When I was in high school the two most notable things about me were that I am a vegan and I draw all the time, hence I am a Vegan doodler.
As for my Avatar, I really like fight club and if you ever figure out what it says you have failed at life.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
There's not really much of a story, it was the first random thing that popped in my head.

As for the avatar, well, Ryoko is my favourite character in Tenchi Muyo and one of my favourite characters in anything, ever.

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
Name I cam up with waay back when I was playing WoW a lot. It was the name for my main. My avatar I saw a while back and found it fitting, considering that Applejack is my favorite poni and I am incredibly critical of things.

Sordin

Aug 5, 2011
The name is the name of the god of light from an extremely obscure DS game I had intended to use as part of story me and friends were collaborating on. But when that got scrapped I forgot about for a while then just randomly started using it as a username. The picture I just like.

NathLines

May 23, 2010
Nath Lines is the name of the first character I ever made. Nath is my first name scrambled and the "ä" replaced with an "a" because he was supposed to be English. And "Lines" is "Senile" backwards. It's spelled without an "e" in the end in Swedish.

I was young.

And my avatar is the totally unrelated Black Rock Shooter.

MintberryCrunch

Aug 20, 2011
Mintberry Crunch. Because, well, Mintberry Crunch.

My avatar... Is a bit more difficult. Because I don't know where I got it from. I don't know who it is or whether it is from anything at all. It's just fairly unique (because as far as I know the guy doesn't exist anywhere ever) and looks good for when I reply to a stupid comment or thread.

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
I like Final Fantasy 6 for its magitek-ness and the story of the main character (Terra in the English version, Tina in the Japanese version.). And I excessively use full stops. My previous avatar was too small for my taste so I changed it to something bigger and more magitek-y.

Tiamattt

Jul 15, 2011
Way back I wanted a dragon name but at the time the name Bahamut was waaaaaay too popular and overused. Fortunately FF8 had a sweet looking dragon mini-boss with the name Tiamat in it, and the rest is history. The extra Ts at the end is because Tiamat isn't as uncommon as I hoped so I just tossed in the extra Ts to avoid name conflicts.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
For something like the third or fourth time. I REALLY liked part 2 of the horror level in TS3. "What lies below." That creature had an awesome design to a gore fiend like myself. Kind of like the Thing. And it makes for an awesome username.