So... Where is Chicago Ted now?

MercenaryCanary

Mar 24, 2008
For all you original Left 4 Dead fans who also picked up Left 4 Dead 2, I feel I must ask everyone this...
What happened to Chicago Ted? Surely he could not have died! We've all heard of Chicago Ted's mighty deeds, from killing Tanks single handily, to being the sole reason why Witches cry!
Again, where is Chicago Ted? I would like to hear your theories, fellow Escapists.

delet

Nov 2, 2008
Screw Chicago Ted. I have a feeling we're going to find someone better.

Like.. Alabama Steve.

yes. All hail Alabama Steve!

Apr 28, 2008
Chicago Ted decided to go somewhere else and be badass.

Probably went to Russia to wrestle bears or something.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Aby_Z said:

Like.. Alabama Steve.

Irridium said:

He went with Alabama Steve toRussia to help the bears rise up against their Communist overlords and wrestle Lenin's ghost into submission.

TOP THAT! Without using Cthulhu or nuclear bombs...

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Mercanary57 said:
Again, where is Chicago Ted? I would like to hear your theories, fellow Escapists.
You ain't in chicago now sonny, Ted's not interest in yo' shenanigens anymo'

delet

Nov 2, 2008
Trivun said:
He went with Alabama Steve toRussia to help the bears rise up against their Communist overlords and wrestle Lenin's ghost into submission.

Does a Nuclear Cthulhu count as both or neither?

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
He and Bill's Hat went into an alternate universe. There, for fear of being detected, Chicago Ted changed his name to Saxton Hale.

Apr 28, 2008
Mercanary57 said:
Irridium said:

So... Chicago Ted is Father Grigori from HL2?
Its a possability. Although I was thinking he was more of an Al' Capone type character.

Trivun said:
Aby_Z said:

Like.. Alabama Steve.

Irridium said:

Very well, on the final battle between Chicago Ted, Alabama Steve, and Lenin's Ghost, Stalin's Zombie rose up and sent his undead armies against the bears. An epic battle ensued, with no clear victor.

It all settled on one final battle, Chicado Ted vs. Alabama Steve vs. Lenin's Ghost vs. Zombie Stalin. The fight will take place in a steel cage that is set on fire.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
This is the first I've heard of Chicago Ted. Interesting little meme.

He's not officially part of the lore (well okay, there was graffiti alluding to his existence but that doesn't mean Chicago Ted was anything more than a tagger's imagination) so he's technically nowhere. But maybe Valve will patch in a random chance he shows up and kills everything. ;)

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
Well it's funny because Valve stated that Chicago Ted was going to return for left 4 dead 2. Maybe him and Gordon Freeman made it to Vegas in a hotrod car with Alyx, Chell and Zoey. Then they barricaded Caesars Palace and divided their time between zombie killing, playing poker and uh, repopulating the earth.

Pielikey

Jul 31, 2009
The Great JT said:
He and Bill's Hat went into an alternate universe. There, for fear of being detected, Chicago Ted changed his name to Saxton Hale.
Ahahahaha, awesome.

Liverandbacon

Nov 27, 2008
Chicago Ted actually originated from some real life graffiti in a men's room saying "No ***** is safe from Chicago Ted". The fact that none of the "bitches" mentioned would ever read this graffiti, since it was in a men's room, apparently escaped this great man. Now he's in video games. I wonder if the real life Chicago Ted knows about his infamy...