So....which other Gaming Forum have more traffic than Escapist?

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Because I was looking for one and I didn't found any....
I know now recently most people say that we don't have many active members here anymore, but when I was looking for something alternative, I didn't found nothing at all.
Am I very wrong?

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Quite a few of the Reddit sub forums get more traffic, to say nothing of the main gaming board. And the primary forums for extremely popular games can be quite busy.

Forums in general have been in decline for quite some time though.

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
I was going to mention reddit, but someone up there already mentioned it. The traffic on that site just goes from strength to strength.

But it's not technically a 'forum' in the traditional sense. Traditional forums such as this have been in decline for a while and have fallen out of favor with a lot of people. Reddit and social media in general has largely taken over the niche that forums like this used to fill.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
GameFAQs I guess.
I used to frequent GameRevolution for the reviews but never posted on the forums, no idea how populated they are.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Most of them, I imagine. NeoGAF and GameFAQS are probably the two biggest, if I had to guess. A lot of games websites do also have forums but they tend to be separate from comment sections so probably don't get as much traffic.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
The traffic has never been a concern for me. I just miss having LRR hosted here enjoy the format of the forums here as I've become too set in my ways to leave.

There are reddits about gaming in general and specific games will all likely have a lot more activity but I hate the layout.

pacouranga

Oct 8, 2015
NeoGAF, GameFAQs, /r/gaming, SA Games Forum, and 4chan /v/ and /vg/ all have pretty big userbases. GameTrailers, PAF, Giant Bomb and Rooster Teeth are probably on par with Escapist, at a guess.

Hieronymusgoa

Dec 27, 2011
i know not everyone will agree with this but i have hardly seen such a profound and extensive discussing on a forum like on the escapist. and therefore the escapist should get more traffic (again)

i sure as hell will not get on reddit

Lufia Erim

Mar 13, 2015
I accidentally posted my comment inside the quote box. And got a warning. It was my mistake, if any mods are reading this can you give it a look? I don't think i deserve a warning for that.

My comment was:

"Except it's not as profond and extensive as it used to be. I think the better question is, where have all the users that made these discusdions interesting gone. As in, have they flocked to another forum."

Wary Wolf

Sep 10, 2015
Yeah, I came over here from GameFAQs. If you join a discussion on your favorite game, you can get a lot more out of your game. You might get some additional appreciation for the story, or pick up a new way of playing, or just enjoy a good fat chewing session about it. I particularly like helping the newbies learn the ropes.

Depends on the game though. Some have next to no following anymore, but most games have a small following. The more popular games you'll get a bigger discussion group. On the whole, people are pretty good about things, same with here, same with anywhere. You're dealing with fans of a game here, but if you're a fan, you should fit in fine. I recommend it if you have any particular game in mind.

One problem I found, was you get some crazy challenges to do. So, I was on the FF XII forum for a while (ergo my name) and I enjoying really challenging what I could do in the game, like play through it solo level 1. But after a while you get some really stupid hardcore ones, like 100% perfect play through or don't ever heal yourself.

Reason I came here though was some of those challenges were a bit much and I like playing games *other* than Final Fantasy XII. Additionally, I've been visiting this site for years, but never engaged on the forums, gave it a shot, and can't complain so far. Well, I can, but I'm pretty satisfied overall.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Lufia Erim said:
I accidentally posted my comment inside the quote box. And got a warning. It was my mistake, if any mods are reading this can you give it a look? I don't think i deserve a warning for that.
You should appeal the warning - you can do it here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contact/subject/forums].

Lufia Erim

Mar 13, 2015
DoPo said:
Lufia Erim said:
You should appeal the warning - you can do it here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contact/subject/forums].
Thanks. I mean while it was my fault, i don't think i should get a warning for being an idiot lol.

Dec 6, 2015
All of them have been listed here, but it's not a hard task after all. This is not an active forum at all, both in terms of user activity and new content on the site. Most popular games have more active dedicated forums, and you have to work pretty hard to find a site that still moderates like a kid's clubhouse. Most have moved on to being actual businesses by now, or died.

My guess is that this place is dying.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
The only one that I can think of on the top of my head is probably Giantbomb, their content is also really enjoyable. I absolutely love their Endurance runs, especially Vinnie and Jeff's Persona 4 endurance run. So if you want an alternative website, then I would probably suggest that one. I think it is a shame that the traffic on here has declined, but I guess that is just the way of things.