So who else

Renfield286

Nov 16, 2011
...waits for the price to drop before buying single player games.
or in the case of Skyrim & Fallout: NV Awaits the GoTY edition because I hate buying a game that is only half finished at release (yes dragon age, im looking at you).

I mean call me cheap, but surely this whole dlc trend does seem to be a bit needless for the sake of a new side quest, new weapon or shiny new toy gun to add to your arsenal.

and if you buy these games that are never going to really change at launch, why? at least with a multiplayer shooter you can be sure that after a couple of months there aren't going to be enough people to care about it to play on the multiplayer servers (effectively neutering the game). but what do you get out of a brand new RPG or platformer, that you dont get out of the discount price a few months down the line?

[Edited title for sanity & serious answers]

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Yay, I get to use this!
You're going to see a lot of these.

OT - Well if it's a game that I'm really excited about, I get to play it sooner than I would if I waited.
Seeing as I have a decent job with pretty good pay, I can afford to get games fairly often when I want to. There is nothing wrong with waiting, but some games make me inpatient.
Besides, if anything, waiting for the price to drop leads to more DLC as publishers try to recover lost profits.

Capachinola

Dec 28, 2009
I don't wait, I pick up the games i'm interested in when they are released, and play them for what they are worth to me. I save the "cut deals" for those blocks of time without a new release that interests me, there are plenty of 3 star games out there worth a playthrough.

Belaam

Nov 27, 2009
I wait on some things, but not others.

It's like with books - there are 3-4 authors whose books I will immediately buy in hardcover when they write a new one.

Likewise, there are a few game franchises I will immediately buy on the release date. TES. Civ. Even GTA, though I was underwhelmed by IV. Others, I will wait a while to pick up.

D-Ray

Oct 4, 2011
No, I did that to Heavy Rain because I knew I would only play it once. Awesome game, just a one-timer to me. I only payed 20 bucks for it.

coolguy5678

Apr 1, 2010
Yay, it's the first time I get to use this! http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/critical-miss/9225-Critical-Miss-Highlanders-Anonymous

For games I'm only vaguely interested in, I prefer to wait for a price drop. But if it's something I've been following before it's released, I want it now, and unless it's way overpriced, I don't mind paying extra to get it earlier. It's hardly rational, but humans aren't rational anyway.

EDIT: Hooray for quintuple ninjas. -_-

Renfield286

Nov 16, 2011
Blunderboy said:
Besides, if anything, waiting for the price to drop leads to more DLC as publishers try to recover lost profits.
Surely "Lost profits" Just equates to how much money the company decided it wanted before it had even started selling the games.

& what is Microsofts excuse with the avatar items for live? technically DLC, but no real value in any way in them.

Quid Plura

Apr 27, 2010
To be able to be the first one who plays it amongst your friends I guess. Or you're really really psyched for the game.

But you're not the only one. I usually buy these games later on for the same reasons.

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
Blunderboy said:
Yay, I get to use this!
snip
coolguy5678 said:
Yay, it's the first time I get to use this! http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/critical-miss/9225-Critical-Miss-Highlanders-Anonymous
I'm sorry but that comic annoys me. As I said in its comments section, there is no joke, it just repeats exactly what thousands of hyperbole-blind people say on the internet in every one of these threads. Anyway, I just have to ask why you both used it as opposed to just speaking for yourselves, do you feel that it somehow validates your comments? I'd understand if it made some kind of uncommon observation or said it in a funny way, but it really doesn't, unless the words 'you fucking clown' count as a joke.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Bobic said:
Blunderboy said:
Yay, I get to use this!
snip
coolguy5678 said:
I'm sorry but that comic annoys me. As I said in its comments section, there is no joke, it just repeats exactly what thousands of hyperbole-blind people say on the internet in every one of these threads. Anyway, I just have to ask why you both used it as opposed to just speaking for yourselves, do you feel that it somehow validates your comments? I'd understand if it made some kind of uncommon observation or said it in a funny way, but it really doesn't, unless the words 'you fucking clown' count as a joke.
I have said it in my own words, countless bloody times. I know it's hyperbole, it's also still bloody annoying.

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
Blunderboy said:
Bobic said:
Blunderboy said:
Yay, I get to use this!
snip
coolguy5678 said:
I have said it in my own words, countless bloody times. I know it's hyperbole, it's also still bloody annoying.
I'm sure it's not as annoying as you make out but hey, I'll let you get away with your hyperbole ;)