So, world gone yet?

JamesStone

If it ain't broken, get to work
Jun 9, 2010
No it didn't end.

YOU'RE WELCOME.

Jeez, no one ever thanks people for anything.

axlryder

victim of VR
Jul 29, 2011
manic_depressive13 said:
axlryder said:
pffffttttt

11 people, at least.

Also, if we didn't have people talking about the doomsday prophesy, then we wouldn't have gotten an amusingly not-photoshopped image of Godzilla stomping through Sydney. Then where would we be? Certainly not having as much fun, that's for sure.
Well it's true that it hasn't been photoshopped. Looks more like MS paint.
Indeed, it DOES look like MS paint. Unfortunately, 'MS painted' just isn't a thing that people say, and I didn't feel like rocking that boat.

CrazyJew

Sep 18, 2011
Israel here, the 4 Horsemen have set out from Mt. Carmel. It's raining fire and brimstone, I repeat fire and brimstone.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
I made sure I was canoodling when midnight hit.
Now I think I'll grab a bagel.

Auron

Mar 28, 2009
What's funny is over here we're having the worst Storm in months. Food for the paranoid crazy types but immensely funny for most of us.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
So was there a specific time of day the world was supposed to go to hell? Like around noon or midnight or something? Anyway it's 11:40am here in the Central Standard Time USA. Still no Apocolypse.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Nothing yet over on the eastern side of the US...

(looks at the Escapist background) ...Oh hardy har har, very funny.

Verkula

Oct 3, 2010
Aris Khandr said:
I have been assured that this image from Sydney is totally not photoshopped in any way.

So, as you can see, it's a pretty normal day with Australian wildlife.

Heres the livestream(sponsored by our alien invaders):

Cavouku

Mar 14, 2008
At time of posting, it is about 1:52PM (13:52) in Atlantic Canada.

I'm willing to give the Professional Mayan Misinterpreters the shadow of a doubt and wait until midnight in Midway Atoll before saying there is no world-ending doom upon this day, about 7AM tomorrow, my time.

As for the full extent, the furthest I've seen this Doomsday predicted so far is the 23rd. Once it's Christmas Eve in Midway Atoll, I will breathe a sigh of exhaustion at having to be nice to numbskulls.

Fun note: Spellchecker wants me to change "Misinterpreters" to "Predeterminer"... Pfft...

robot slipper

Dec 29, 2010
The_Darkness said:
robot slipper said:
Well the trains aren't running properly in the UK, surely the first sign of the apocalpyse is when the trains in the UK are running JUST FINE. So I think we'll be ok after all.
Wait, WAIT! This is Mid-UK reporting in. We had a train on time! I repeat: A train was ON TIME!!!
Quick, sound the alarm! I'll prepare the scones, the rest of you get busy queueing! We're going to beat this thing British-style!

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Pluvia said:
And the weather forecast is wrong, as per usual. It's snowing.

J Tyran said:
Come and and gone, you know I am almost disappointed. It might have been worth having the end of the world to see a giant crocodile god flying through the sky drowning everything.
In Offler's name?!

lechat said:
anyone else think buffy might have stopped it?
It was Lister, using spare parts from Star Bug annd a pair of tweezers.

Seneschal said:
My friend had an amazing idea - we all collectively pretend that the end of the world happened and that we all survived, and we make a big deal out of it like we're martyrs. That way, we can knock some goddamn respect into the generations that are too young to remember it.

"Grandpa, tell me again how you saved the EU Parliament from hungry tzitzimimeh."
"Oh really, it was nothing, like, I'm not even bragging..."
Oooh, I like that. How about you, Massacre?

"It could work."

Auron225 said:
I'd like to think that somewhere, somehow, there is a band of heroes lying exhausted and injured but victorious in saving the human race from... something =P
There are no more heroes...so I guess that means Travis did it.

Verkula said:
Kudos for that.

MiskWisk said:
It is of course well known that careless talk costs lives, but the full scale of the problem is not always appreciated. At the very moment that MiskWisk quoted me, a freak wormhole opened up in the fabric of the space-time continuum and carried his words far far back in time across almost infinite reaches of space to a distant Galaxy where strange and warlike beings were poised on the brink of frightful interstellar battle.

The two opposing leaders were meeting for the last time.

A dreadful silence fell across the conference table as the commander of the Vl'Hurgs, resplendent in his black jewelled battle shorts, gazed levelly at the the G'Gugvuntt leader squatting opposite him in a cloud of green sweet-smelling steam, and, with a million sleek and horribly beweaponed star cruisers poised to unleash electric death at his single word of command, challenged the vile creature to take back what it had said about his mother.

The creature stirred in his sickly broiling vapour, and at that very moment the words "You always gotta know where your towel is" drifted across the conference table.

Unfortunately, in the Vl'Hurg tongue this was the most dreadful insult imaginable, and there was nothing for it but to wage terrible war for centuries.

Eventually of course, after their Galaxy had been decimated over a few thousand years, it was realized that the whole thing had been a ghastly mistake, and so the two opposing battle fleets settled their few remaining differences in order to launch a joint attack on our own Galaxy - now positively identified as the source of the offending remark.

For thousands more years the mighty ships tore across the empty wastes of space and finally dived screaming on to the first planet they came across - which happened to be the Earth - where due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire battle fleet was accidentally swallowed by a small dog.

Those who study the complex interplay of cause and effect in the history of the Universe say that this sort of thing is going on all the time, but that we are powerless to prevent it.

"It's just life," they say.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
2100 hours here in the UK and I see no signs of the apocalypse here... Wait! I think I see one of the four horsemen!!! Nope, sorry, it's just a Police helicopter. Carry on as normal.

DeltaEdge

May 21, 2010
Now hold on partner, we dun still got bout' 8-11 hours in Americuh (because American time is the only time that really matters), so we all best be givin' it 8-11 mo' hours before callin' it off, cowboy.