So your mom wants to try out gaming...

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
OoT. It's the only can she has ever been able to watch. Others are too fast pace and give her a head ache.

Manji187

Jan 29, 2009
Nope...not gonna happen. She's content with her books and that's fine to me. Lately I've been getting more into books too...must be running in the family.

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
Dead Space 2. For the lulz.

More likely something like Portal. It's friendly and interesting.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Pokemon. Although I did try playing Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance with me. She didn't like it.

Kuma_Nur

Jun 24, 2011
In Highschool my friends and i would spend hours playing Tekken 3, after watching us (And my dad)play she decided to give it a try, now she wasn't quite good at it but she'd Pick Gon and spam his little fart move up and down the screen, it was hilarious to watch.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Well my mum hates games period, be it videogames or tabletop or simple board and cardgames, she can't stand any of them. Boring thing she is. So yeah, fat chance that would ever happen.

And even if she would, I still wouldn't know. I already made her try the game with the easiest difficulty curve I have (well, had); World of Warcraft. She was still so horribly confused about everything that she gave up in a few seconds.

SilentBobsThoughts

Dec 29, 2009
My mums been gaming since before I was born. Usually Tomb Raider and Prince of Persia games, although she fell in love with one game called Galleon for the Original Xbox.. She still plays them now, at the age of 55+ :) (I'm 17)

Sammaul

Nov 25, 2009
She recently badgered me to fix my PSX so she could play Spyro again, she absolutely adores that purple dragon.
I showed her trailers for the recently announced 're-imagining' of Spyro, she made me explain some things and now Bobby Kotick has a new enemy.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Scizophrenic Llama said:
I was lucky and my mother got into gaming along side me when I was younger. Started off with stuff like Croc and Crash Bandicoot. Moved on to stuff like Tekken and now she plays stuff like Counter-Strike and Team Fortress 2.
I could have almost said the same thing about both my parents and my sisters. When we got our original Playstation back in the day, my dad and sisters loved Crash Bandicoot. My sisters also loved Croc, Spyro, Porsche challenge and some french fighting game my Godfather gave me. My mum loved this game where you play as a little green dino making lines of coloured bubbles. Come PS2, it was my sisters and I playing Crash Bandicoot and Spyro at first, then it was just me.

Spoon E11

Oct 27, 2010
She already plays some bejewelled I think she's bought all of them. But out of my library. I would have to look at the older PC games. I only have FPS for Xbox (well and Mass effect and crackdown). Well she likes some of the cut scenes out of Starcraft 2.

My game library isn't new comer friendly. so if in doubt give them MYST.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
....read dead redemption or portal (I think portal might be a bit much)

Lenvoran

Apr 29, 2010
Both parents work in the games industry. Whelp. My work here is done.

*dusts off hands and wanders away*

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
Probably the old Bomberman and Pac-Man games, seeing as she used to love those. As for now, probably Little Big Planet 2 or Demon's Souls.

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
Super Mario Bros 1 for the NES.

Here's why.

1. VERY simple controls. It's a lot easier to tell someone the controls for a NES game/controller than the monstrosity the controllers have become these days. Seriously, I have NO idea how people start gaming today.

2. Very simple gameplay to learn. You jump on goombas/koopas. Kick koopas. Jump over holes. And... Beat the level. I know there's like three more things, but still. Simple. K.I.S.S.

3. It's addictive & fun.

4. She actually knows what mario is.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
My mom has been a gamer just as long as I have. She likes the stuff most moms would like, casual and puzzle games. I've been trying to get her into some more serious gaming so I've been showing her things like Professor Layton, Ace Attorney and 999 and see if I can open the door to strategy games, but she likes to stick to her puzzles.