Some good music.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Discovered this band called Voyager. The Australian prog metal one, not the late 70's British poprock one. Like the mix of prog/power metal with bits of 80's pop and electronica. One of the few metal acts that have managed to catch my fancy in the past decade or so. Also, for some reason those've all been Australian.

Last edited:

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Not sure how any of yours feel about this.

I discover this upcoming game (out at end of Augest) called "No Straight Road" and from what I've seen and heard, it has some really killer soundtracks!

I want you to listen to the preview playlist tracks that are online at the moment!

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Music I didn't know I needed in my life.
I knew he was responsible for the crazy bass playing in Flying lotus but just got around to checking him out.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
For a nice bit of chill and what I'd call....I dunno...beautiful, relaxing melancholy? Both of these songs do it for me.

For the polar opposite of energy, but equally good for when you want some nitro-fueled insanity to get you going.

It's such a powerful, energetic song, about feeling bad, and for me at least, it helps me sort of flip a middle finger to the negative aspects of my life and personal psyche. To spit in the face of adversity and the nebulous forces trying to make me hate life.

More of the same. Fishbone just hits a wonderful niche for me emotionally. Strong metal/rock flavor, with some horns, powerful mood about life and adversity. Just, so much power to them.

Also this I just love. Love the original, but this metal cover is equally awesome.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Thanks to @happyninja42, listening to a bunch of Poets of the Fall tracks -.-

The story behind how I found this group is kinda funny. I min-max'd Fallout 3 in the silliest ways and one of the gameplay guides to get Lincoln's Repeater had this song as the background music, instantly hooked.

Reactions: happyninja42