Some good music.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
I'm one of a small number of weird people who considers Sparta to be the better of the two bands that came out of At the Drive-In's breakup.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The Gorillaz and Robert Smith have transcended time and space. Never stop Gorillaz. Never stop.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
As much as people like to dump on Brony's, while I was in the fandom I saw a lot of amazing works, this song is probably one of the best things I saw come out of the fandom and I recently found this animation that was made to go with it.

It's just such a sad and haunting song and I think anyone can enjoy it without even knowing what the context of it is.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
As much as people like to dump on Brony's, while I was in the fandom I saw a lot of amazing works, this song is probably one of the best things I saw come out of the fandom and I recently found this animation that was made to go with it.

It's just such a sad and haunting song and I think anyone can enjoy it without even knowing what the context of it is.
Yeah, while I never got too into the their own musical stylings such as this, I did manage to find one of my favorite bands from a Bronies tumblr (they ran a Q&A blog as one of the characters and drew images/comics for the answers), Budgie.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
This song has a wonderfully melancholy yet beautiful tone to it. Her voice just sounds like it should be from a recording from back in the 20s or something.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
Mclusky's debut album My Pain and Sadness is More Sad and Painful Than Yours is twenty years old this year. It's a bit rough and ready compared to their other two albums, but Medium Is The Message is a brilliant bit of post hardcore.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
This video is dated and the sound quality isn't great, but that budda-dong-budda-dong riff.... And then the bit that's like noise noise noise.

The sound quality is better on my CD.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
A totally non-political piece of entertainment which can be enjoyed without thinking at all about politics...

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
This popped up on my Spotify playlist for the first time in ages. A timeless classic that still, for over 20 years, I can't listen to without wanting to do 100 lines of cocaine, kick in someone's front door, then proceed to demolish their house from the inside out despite my never having done cocaine or any significant act of vandalism in my entire life.