Some good music.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Hey, remember that one time that Motorhead covered one of their own songs for the Spongebob movie?

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Recently rediscovered OCRemix and Robotaki. No video because it doesn't exist, but his WIP for Glaciers Never Sleep is pretty cool, and it's a pity no completed version of it exists.

And as I can't even find a YouTube video of his Manoria Cathedral remix, this'll have to do: Binster - Icon (Ico - Castle in the MIst Remix)

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

The High Kings - Parting Glass.

The whole breadth of works these guys do is pretty damn good, this is just my favourite song of theirs so far. My grandfather is from Ireland, but that's as far as I'm willing to claim any connection to the country but I'd be a liar if I said the songs didn't resonate with me in some significant but non-quantifiable way.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Interesting how american history is so incredibly selective in what they choose to celebrate or even mention at all.🤔

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

Bit of a throwback to my younger days. A song I didn't use to really feel, but got to appreciate more and more as I grew older. When Layne opens those pipes for the chorus ... just ... ooof. Kind of reminds me of a reaction video by Lost In Vegas on this song, where they were obviously not impressed and wondering what the big deal is, but then the chorus hits and you can see their expressions change into on of "ok, we totally get it now".

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010

Bit of a throwback to my younger days. A song I didn't use to really feel, but got to appreciate more and more as I grew older. When Layne opens those pipes for the chorus ... just ... ooof. Kind of reminds me of a reaction video by Lost In Vegas on this song, where they were obviously not impressed and wondering what the big deal is, but then the chorus hits and you can see their expressions change into on of "ok, we totally get it now".
I find my favorite album of theirs, that seems to be very under appreciated, is Jar of Flies. Or at least a lot of the better songs on that album, compared to the ones that were always on the radio. But, that whole album just flows so well, the mood of each song meshes wonderfully with the one after it....all up until the last song. Which is a musical slap in the face to the mood the rest of the album evokes. I find it funny, that the last line, of the next to last song is "Say goodbye, don't follow". And then that other song starts playing and just kills my mood. So I always imagined it was the band telling the listener "Yeah this last song sucks, but we had to stick it on there, but it doesn't fit the mood. So, don't listen to it. Say goodbye, don't follow this song with the next one."

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
I find my favorite album of theirs, that seems to be very under appreciated, is Jar of Flies. Or at least a lot of the better songs on that album, compared to the ones that were always on the radio. But, that whole album just flows so well, the mood of each song meshes wonderfully with the one after it....all up until the last song. Which is a musical slap in the face to the mood the rest of the album evokes. I find it funny, that the last line, of the next to last song is "Say goodbye, don't follow". And then that other song starts playing and just kills my mood. So I always imagined it was the band telling the listener "Yeah this last song sucks, but we had to stick it on there, but it doesn't fit the mood. So, don't listen to it. Say goodbye, don't follow this song with the next one."

Fine choice! The song Nutshell was the one that got me into the band as a youngling, lyrics hit deeper than most other music within the environment at the time

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Fine choice! The song Nutshell was the one that got me into the band as a youngling, lyrics hit deeper than most other music within the environment at the time

Yeah I first heard them off of their album that had Rooster, and Man In A Box, but those songs really didn't stick long with me on a personal level. But I remember getting Jar of Flies, and listening to that going to bed as a teenager. Really powerful album for me.