Someone calls you 'gay' as an insult, what's your response/thoughts?

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Usually I say "Just because I have sex with other men and like looking at penises doesn't make me gay. Dummy."

Honestly, in terms of being offended by insults, someone calling me gay is the least offensive. Gay people tend to be pretty cool guys. Half of my personality relies on penis jokes. Someone calling me gay opens up a whole new world of genitalia related comebacks.

Edit: Don't do with the whole "Bundle of sticks" and "Yeah Im happy".

Thats the minor leagues response.

Slowly work your way up to the major leaguers.

A simple, "Oh, you caught me" tends to throw them off. If its over the internet, don't tell them you'll sex them up. You don't wanna mess with the one cop on the internet recording things.

"Are you implying that we should get to know each other? You know... physically?"

A subtle hint of of homoerotic sex, while not saying it completely.

w-Jinksy

May 30, 2009
my responses are usually "ahh im only half gay that doesnt count" or "d'aaawwww babes"

Brightzide

Nov 22, 2009
HELP HOMOPHOBE! HELP! SOMEONE'S OPPRESSING ME! Get the clergy! Quick quick, get the clergy!...That usually either freaks them out or just gets them to STFU

TeeBs

Oct 9, 2010
I am one hundred percent ok with being the gay stereotype. I mean Fashionable, good looking, well toned, and Emotionally open.

Usually I reply with a thank you.

PoliceBox63

Apr 7, 2010
I've never been called gay as an insult IRL, I call things gay like "fuck that homework is so gay" but I know that I shouldn't, however it's a reflex i'm currently weeding out of me. On teh interwebz I don't do anything if someone calls me gay as an insult. Why bother? :)

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
Out of all the fandoms in all the world, the Sonic Fanbase is the most unpleasable. No matter what anybody tries, they simply aren't happy: Although, in some cases, it's justified as most of the games coming from the series since Sonic Adventure 2 have been total shit.

ANYWAY, on topic, I'd simply throw it right back in their face "Really..THATS the best you can come up with? You don't know anything insulting someone properly do you? I mean, do you have ANY shred of originality, ANY lingering sense of creativity, for that was the remaining excrement of unoriginality that you just attempted to use. So in future, try to think before you insult someone, you might actually come out with something that affects another person! Oh, and seeing as we are in the business of making wild accusations about each other...'Your mother is a whore and your father is a Eunich' Good day!"

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
my response is always

you wish

not because im being vain or anything, but its more like an intelligent spin on his insult, (as opposed to ur mum is gay, or so is ur face).

AdmiralMemo

LoadingReadyRunner
Legacy
Dec 15, 2008
"I'm not gay, but whether or not I was has no relevance in this discussion. By thinking it does, you have simply proved your own ignorance."

Vlassic

Jan 24, 2010
I'm a girl;I've never been called a ******. I've been called other things, though, that were meant in a derogatory way (whether or not the actual word was intrinsically derogatory). It doesn't bother me, because who cares what names anonymous strangers on the internet call you?

Calico93

Jul 31, 2010
[del]ffffffffffffffffffffffffffFUCK youu[/del]
[del]no you aree ![/del]

"So by annoying you slightly or not agreeing with your opinion makes me homosexual
So by that you mean, everyone who doesnt agree with you is gay, hmm theres probably alot of us that basically arent you, making you the odd one out, twat."

"Do you know what it feels like when someone punches you realy hard in the middle of the face ?"

In person sometimes my mate says it.
"Stop being gay!"
"What? Im not fucking you am I"

I try and improvise, or just laugh.

MasterOfWorlds

Oct 1, 2010
I'd be disappointed that they couldn't come up with something more original. It takes a lot to offend me and even being called "gay" when I'm straight, isn't really all that offensive. Now if they came at me with something like, "You suck the gay right out of Liberace's anus." I might be impressed simply because of the semi-originality of it. Then I'd ask them what their favorite episode of Retarded Animal Babies was because that's what that line is from. XD

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
usually I kind of do what you did, where I play along with it or make a joke over it. or in that case I might've said something like "YES! CLEARLY THE ONLY FACTOR THAT CONSTITUTES A HOMOSEXUAL IS THEIR PREFERENCE OF SONIC TITLES! It obviously has nothing to do with the whole male buttfucking thing."

xam883

Oct 18, 2010
if someone calls me gay i use the classic below the belt tactic that has saved many a nerd over the centurys and well call him a dickhead

if its on the internet i say realy like that wasent used more than your mom on a saturday night and i will be shure to piss on your grave