Something Awful's small piece on the escapist

JimmerDunda

Sep 12, 2009
Ok not really a piece but I was browsing something awful just now and found out the Escapist had a small section in "The Weekend Web."

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/weekend-web/realraptalk-escapist.php?page=7

Alright I've had like 30 emails from members of The Escapist forums asking me to poke fun at their shit. The only problem is that this is without a doubt the most boring forum that I've ever seen posts from!
Honestly I got a little chuckle out of this as a lot of Escapist users are very arrogant and tend to deem these forums "the best on the web" which is far from the truth.

Whats your take?

May 28, 2009
But... but... we're the last bastion of intelligence on the interwebz!

I remember seeing this a while ago. I laughed then, and now I laugh again. Everything must be made fun of, otherwise you can't make fun of anything.

JimmerDunda

Sep 12, 2009
manythings said:
I'm kind of unsure what you are actually asking here.
Not asking anything really, just saw some information I thought was interesting and decided to share it here.

JimmerDunda

Sep 12, 2009
Darktau said:
Eh troll thread, Im going back to looking at pictures of llamas then.

How is this a troll thread? Please explain? Can't take someone poking fun at the site.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
As I said in the other thread. [sup]Damn you for being fast on the edit button![/sup]

Eh, who honestly cares?
And I've only seen a few users in the past 12 months claim that this site is 'the best forum on the web'.

Fusoiya

Mar 6, 2010
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH SNAP! it is on!

Whacha say? on it is? yes sir!

Seriously people, it's on :<

/rant, That was pretty lame/funny/boring can't decide cuz it wasn't that interesting of a read.

child of lileth

The Norway Italian
Jun 10, 2009
I love a bunch of the members there, but I really didn't expect much more from that. They don't usually go out of their way for a joke to be especially great or anything, so the low expectation I had was basically met with just as low results.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
JimmerDunda said:
manythings said:
Not asking anything really, just saw some information I thought was interesting and decided to share it here.
Oh, well my way of looking at it is; someone I don't know, and probably never will, doesn't like something I like and thinks this is somehow prove of how awesome they are... So yeah that person is just a douchebag.

Darktau

Totally Ergo Proxy
Mar 10, 2009
MikailCaboose said:
Darktau said:
Epic post good sir.
Llamas are like gods of gods

JimmerDunda said:
Darktau said:
How is this a troll thread? Please explain? Can't take someone poking fun at the site.
Surely by asking that you are instigating an argument, which does not help your point, then following it up with something obviously meant to aggravate just proves it? Although, by me writing this I am falling for the bait of a troll thread, and now feel sad.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, which is good, because I can't be bothered to write

You make me:

oh no, wait wrong image, I needed a sad face,

There we go

JimmerDunda

Sep 12, 2009
manythings said:
JimmerDunda said:
manythings said:
Oh, well my way of looking at it is; someone I don't know, and probably never will, doesn't like something I like and thinks this is somehow prove of how awesome they are... So yeah that person is just a douchebag.
What person?

The entire article was put together by members of the site by pictures provided from members here.

JimmerDunda

Sep 12, 2009
Darktau said:
MikailCaboose said:
Darktau said:
Epic post good sir.
Llamas are like gods of gods

JimmerDunda said:
Darktau said:
Surely by asking that you are instigating an argument, which does not help your point, then following it up with something obviously meant to aggravate just proves it? Although, by me writing this I am falling for the bait of a troll thread, and now feel sad.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, which is good, because I can't be bothered to write

You make me:

oh no, wait wrong image, I needed a sad face,

There we go
How am I instigating an argument?

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
This article is really ancient in Internet chronology... The escapist is a completely different place to what it was then. Now-a-days this place (speaking only about the forums) isn't much different than the gamespot or ign forums, just better organised and much higher standards of moderation. Most of the users take pride in this but the old days of snooty elitism are pretty much gone by my reckoning...

Ever since Vs threads, list threads and the endless ask a _____ threads suddenly became kosher, the ratio of good to bad threads reached critical mass. There simply isn't space or time for elitism now.

Still, I do enjoy these forums the most, but there's no way a forum this big/busy can be called the best on the web with a straight face...

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
Let's get our act together and make more posts that are stupid enough for the Something Awful goons to laugh at so we don't come across as boring. I think that I might be doing my part but I don't want to blow my own trumpet.

I guess that everyone here is free to join the SA forums if they don't like it here and want to pay the entry fee. Or you could join some other forum where "this forum sucks" posts get you a quick perma ban.