Something funny happened to me in The Last of Us

Daniel Ferguson

Apr 3, 2010
I was playing it tonight, I was in the bit in the Winter segment where you're Ellie and you're riding the horse through town at speed...

and I ran right through a truck. From back to front. I don't believe the doors were open.

Yeah. I thought this game was supposed to be polished? :p

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
Dunno may be a freak occurrence I once fell through the floor in Ocarina of time and couldnt get out had to restart from an earlier save did not hear of any others having the same problem.

I do remember in the Last of Us I kille all the people breaking through the door when you know who sacrifices herself and yet the sound effects still played as if they were coming after you (think you were supposed to run not kill them all). The other on was in the area with loads of trip mines you have to duck under I went under all of them and Ellie did the same then I decided to go double back to see what would happen and I hear this boom boom boom I turn round and Ellie had just ran through and tripped them all without a scratch on her (thankgod she is almost indestructible when played by the AI or this game would have been much more infuriating).

One freak glitch in a game that really doesnt effect much at all is not really enough ammo to say the game is unpolished especially when the rest works so well. I did not particularly like the game but it is pretty polished.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
You know, I had a dead enemy ragdoll-launch into the air on me once. Can you guess which unpolished game that was?

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
I think the biggest glitch I had with this game was at the dam and you are supposed to be walking to his brothers office and his brother got stuck in the scenery and was pretty much walking in mid air. I had to restart that bit but it was nothing major.

As polished as Naughty Dog games are, there will always be a bug or 2 that get through. If you can suggest a bug free game I would like to hear of it. Though to be fair there are a lot of games I haven't played so you could suggest almost any number of them and I wouldn't know.

Just Ebola

Literally Hitler
Jan 7, 2015
Casual Shinji said:
You know, I had a dead enemy ragdoll-launch into the air on me once. Can you guess which unpolished game that was?
Was it a Bethesda game? It was a Bethesda game.

I don't think that one or two bugs in an otherwise great game makes it unpolished. It works remarkably well, all things considered, you're just more likely to encounter glitches during scripted set pieces. Like riding a horse.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
This is your thread? You "clipped"?
Come on now, you're going to tell me one little clipping bug makes a game unpolished? Give me at least one crash, one ragdoll spasm, one render distance failure, one frame rate drop, one overlap in dialogue, one set of mismatched subs and one sudden unexplained phenomenom, and then you can call this game unpolished.

Also every time something funny happens with the ragdoll physics, you get to sing "Everybody Was Kung Fu Fighting", only replace the last bit with "Rag Doll Dancing".

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
Catfood220 said:
I think the biggest glitch I had with this game was at the dam and you are supposed to be walking to his brothers office and his brother got stuck in the scenery and was pretty much walking in mid air. I had to restart that bit but it was nothing major.
Wow, same thing happened to me, not in mid-air but just into a box. I tried pushing him but it didn't work.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Casual Shinji said:
Must have been some downright appalling game for something awful like that to happen. Won't someone think of the children?!