Something I noticed about Jim Sterling, and Yahtzee

klausaidon

Aug 4, 2009
I realized something today after watching Movie Defense force today. Has anyone else noticed that Jim Sterling, and Yahtzee are complete opposites of each other, in just about everything? Yahtzee does Zero Punctuation, where he does scathing critiques about video games most people love, and Jim does Movie Defense Force, Which defends Movies that most people hate. Though I think Jim lives in America, Yahtzee lives in Australia, which is just about on the opposite end of the Earth. Jim is chubby, Yahtzee is skinny. Yahtzee tends to be rather pessimistic, Jim tends to be (Compared to Yahtzee) optimistic. Yahtzee speaks quickly, Jim is rather blunt in his speech. Jim is known for wearing a flashy tie, Yahtzee is known for a flashy hat. Maybe this was something obvious, due to their Poetry Slam videos, but I'm only now realizing it.

KINGBeerZ

Apr 22, 2012
Maybe they were both once a single entity, that split apart through some cosmic disaster of epic proportions, and their very existence on the same website will tear the universe to shreds! or maybe it's just a coincidence, both are good options.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
KINGBeerZ said:
Maybe they were both once a single entity, that split apart through some cosmic disaster of epic proportions, and their very existence on the same website will tear the universe to shreds! or maybe it's just a coincidence, both are good options.
"When coincidence seems too convenient, I prefer to call it fate."

This is a quote from Kain, who is voiced by Simon Templeman. And Simon is British, just like Jim and Yahtzee. Furthermore, he shows up in both movies and video games. So there you go - it seems clear to me that Yahtzee and Jim are fate itself. For we know that fate is fickle, which would explain why it shows up as two completely different people.

ZCAB

Jan 15, 2013
Country
Netherlands
Australia and The US aren't on opposite sides of the earth.

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
DoPo said:
KINGBeerZ said:
"When coincidence seems too convenient, I prefer to call it fate."

This is a quote from Kain, who is voiced by Simon Templeman. And Simon is British, just like Jim and Yahtzee. Furthermore, he shows up in both movies and video games. So there you go - it seems clear to me that Yahtzee and Jim are fate itself. For we know that fate is fickle, which would explain why it shows up as two completely different people.
Jim and Yahtzee are avatars of Simon Templeman he created to spread His word when the Legacy of Kain series ended.

ZCAB

Jan 15, 2013
Country
Netherlands
No, they're on opposite sides of the most commonly used world map. If they were on opposite sides of the actual planet, they would be as close to each other going west as going east. They're not. Look up an antipodes map.

Coppernerves

Oct 17, 2011
Dni0 said:
I'm going to contribute to this thread purely because I enjoy torturing Yahtzee via his greatest weakness: fans being creepy.

Perhaps they are yet to be united as soul mates and true lovers... think of the fanfiction and fan art! Seriously though, someone needs to get cracking on this. Couldn't do worse than Yahtzee in Equestria.

PS: My captcha is "NO HOLDS BARRED". It's a sign.
Jim/Ben...

This HAS to happen.
Sterling can bring the toys, and Crosshaw can bring the triple-cunted hookers.

They could be wed by Movie Bob with the imps as bridesmaids, then go ride Princess Celestia off into the sunset for their honeymoon.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Have you ever noticed how JIM AND YAHTZEE HAVE NEVER BEEN SEEN IN THE SAME PLACE AT THE SAME TIME?! Oh wait, yes they have. Well, there goes that joke...

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
klausaidon said:
Yahtzee tends to be rather pessimistic, Jim tends to be optimistic.
We are talking the same guy who does Jimquisition, right? Jim Sterling seems heavily pessimistic and rightfully so on a lot of topics.

Where he does seem to differ from Yahtzee is that he seems to enjoy cheese. Jim's interests often embody the "guilty pleasure," things you know are "bad" but still enjoy anyway. This is one of the reasons I've long been a fan of his reviews: I'm not quite the cheese fan he is, but I do have an appreciation for similar things.

Yahtzee comes off the opposite, though there's the occasional bout with the "guilty pleasure" in his reviews and commentary.

Taking, for example, "movie defense force," Jim routinely wallows, revels, rejoices in the badness of the movies. And that's part of their charm, to be frank. I enjoy the first MK movie, the Street Fighter Movie, and Double Dragon. They're not classic narratives, they're not faithful to the material (Well, arguably), they're not artistic landmarks. They're just fun. And stupid. And stupid fun. And that's part of the appeal.

Plus, there is the undeniable fact that Yahtzee uses yellow backgrounds. The yellow sun empowers Superman, filling humanity with hope. Jim uses a red background, clearly based on the red sun which drains Superman of his powers and therefore despises all of humanity.

And if there isn't a "KNEEL BEFORE JIM" meme, there should be.

ZCAB said:
Australia and The US aren't on opposite sides of the earth.
Of course not. The Earth is a flat disc held up on the backs of ponies.

But if you buy into the round earth conspiracy, Australia is close enough to the opposite side for jazz. If you look on an antipodes map, as you suggest, my result is off the Australian coast. I am closer to Kangarooland than any other significant land mass. Now, it's somewhat different for the south, granted.

Of course, that's only if you buy into the round earth conspiracy and not the truth of the Ponydisc.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
I guess that's why it's fun to compare the way they go about explaining their viewpoints.

Alternatively, there's a conspiracy afoot. o_O

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
The Great JT said:
Have you ever noticed how JIM AND YAHTZEE HAVE NEVER BEEN SEEN IN THE SAME PLACE AT THE SAME TIME?! Oh wait, yes they have. Well, there goes that joke...
You're doing it wrong. In a true conspiracy theory, you're supposed to ignore all evidence to the contrary. Bonus points if you blame "THEM" or accuse people who "believe" in the evidence as "sheeple."

For example, Obama is a Muslim. How do we know this? Because Muslim men cannot wear gold, and Obama took off his wedding ring for a few days in 2012. Now, some sheeple might tell you that the prohibition on gold is disputed amongst Muslims, or that the fact he wore a gold ring for so long indicates he wasn't following it in the first place, but that's just the official story THEY made up to convince the weak-minded proles.

Similarly, I'm sure all evidence of Jim and Yahtzee not being the same person is all doctored and/or coerced. I mean, think about it: have you ever met someone who met them both who didn't live in a country? And who runs countries? Governments! And who runs governments? THEM! Clearly, not only are Jim and Yahtzee the same person, they're also Obama!

CelestDaer

Mar 25, 2013
I've been playing a whole lot of Saints Row the Third lately, and every time I see the Murder Brawl XXXIII billboard, Killbane reminds me of Jim Sterling.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Zachary Amaranth said:
The Great JT said:
You're doing it wrong. In a true conspiracy theory, you're supposed to ignore all evidence to the contrary. Bonus points if you blame "THEM" or accuse people who "believe" in the evidence as "sheeple."

For example, Obama is a Muslim. How do we know this? Because Muslim men cannot wear gold, and Obama took off his wedding ring for a few days in 2012. Now, some sheeple might tell you that the prohibition on gold is disputed amongst Muslims, or that the fact he wore a gold ring for so long indicates he wasn't following it in the first place, but that's just the official story THEY made up to convince the weak-minded proles.

Similarly, I'm sure all evidence of Jim and Yahtzee not being the same person is all doctored and/or coerced. I mean, think about it: have you ever met someone who met them both who didn't live in a country? And who runs countries? Governments! And who runs governments? THEM! Clearly, not only are Jim and Yahtzee the same person, they're also Obama!
You mean Indonesia knows?! HOW LONG HAS THIS BEEN OBFUSCATED?! WE MUST INFORM THE PEOPLE!!

Drake the Dragonheart

The All-American Dragon.
Aug 14, 2008
Zachary Amaranth said:
And if there isn't a "KNEEL BEFORE JIM" meme, there should be.
hail Sterling! Thank god for Jim Sterling!

Yes Jim does indeed live in the US. One episode of Jimquisition he professed to being a British born atheist living in Mississippi. That must be rough!