Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Canadamus Prime said:
FalloutJack said:
Well, if Krillin did it, she'd lose every fight. Now, her mother, on the other hand...
Krillin is often the butt of jokes, but he is actually an extremely skilled martial artist and is the most powerful human character in the cast. It's just he's outclassed by all the non-human characters in the cast.
After this current arc it would seem Roshi is still stronger. Fucking amazing Roshi episode

mariosonicfan5

Jun 18, 2012
Well as far as I know They are only called androids in the english dub, I believe in japanese thy are called Jinzōningen Jū Hachi Gō or Artificial Human. so they aren't actually called androids there anyway.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Veldie said:
Canadamus Prime said:
FalloutJack said:
Well, if Krillin did it, she'd lose every fight. Now, her mother, on the other hand...
Krillin is often the butt of jokes, but he is actually an extremely skilled martial artist and is the most powerful human character in the cast. It's just he's outclassed by all the non-human characters in the cast.
After this current arc it would seem Roshi is still stronger. Fucking amazing Roshi episode
I haven't watched any of DB: Super so I wouldn't know. If that's true than I'm really disappointed.

Jan 27, 2011
Saelune said:
Leg End said:
Saelune said:
I thought they wished Android 18 human or she was brought back to life as human or something.
Nope. The process was so extensive and far done that it was beyond even Shenron's power to undo. He instead just wishes for all the dangerous shit inside of her to be gone which was within his power.
...I wish DBZ was better written and consistent. Shenron cant turn a robot human? Fucking really?
Oh my gosh that's amazing.

"Bringing people back from the dead? No problem. Bring and entire planet's worth of people back? Not a problem. Create a pocket dimension where people from all timelines and dimensions and hell itself can come back for the martial arts tournament to end all martial arts tournaments? Sure thing. ...WHOA THERE SLICK, you want me to make a robot into a fleshy thing, no way no how, no can do that's impossible, man!" XD

(Ok, I grant that Dragonball Fusions isn't canon, and thus the "pocket dimension of all timelines" thing is moot, but still. XD)

Armadox

Mandatory Madness!
Aug 31, 2010
Veldie said:
Canadamus Prime said:
FalloutJack said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42HNvl0e26I

Krillin SHOULDN'T be. Tien has been hosed for a long time.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Canadamus Prime said:
Veldie said:
Canadamus Prime said:
FalloutJack said:
I haven't watched any of DB: Super so I wouldn't know. If that's true than I'm really disappointed.
Roshi had one of the best eps in super like he overcame his pervertedness and went serious for the tournament.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Veldie said:
Canadamus Prime said:
Veldie said:
Canadamus Prime said:
FalloutJack said:
Roshi had one of the best eps in super like he overcame his pervertedness and went serious for the tournament.
I never realized that that was actually a problem. Like yes Roshi was a perverted old man, but he could be a sagely martial arts master when he had to be. Besides my disappointment is more in what that means for Krillin.

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
mariosonicfan5 said:
Well as far as I know They are only called androids in the english dub, I believe in japanese thy are called Jinzōningen Jū Hachi Gō or Artificial Human. so they aren't actually called androids there anyway.
You're half right there. Jinzo Ningen means Artificial Human. Juhachi Gou means Number 18, like how Junana Gou means Number 17. Either way, they were probably just called androids for consistency's sake.

xaszatm

That Voice in Your Head
Sep 4, 2010
DarklordKyo said:
mariosonicfan5 said:
You're half right there. Jinzo Ningen means Artificial Human. Juhachi Gou means Number 18, like how Junana Gou means Number 17. Either way, they were probably just called androids for consistency's sake.
To be fair, Androids made sense because the first example of Android we see is from the original Dragon Ball: Android 8 who IS an artificial human (and looks like a Frankenstein's Monster), the guy becomes friendly and in fact is seen is Z is some cameos.

So the Android moniker made sense originally. Then the Cell Saga happened and suddenly there were human-turned robots (17, 18, 20) in greater number to non-human robots (8, 19) which made Android retroactively a poor name.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
xaszatm said:
DarklordKyo said:
mariosonicfan5 said:
To be fair, Androids made sense because the first example of Android we see is from the original Dragon Ball: Android 8 who IS an artificial human (and looks like a Frankenstein's Monster), the guy becomes friendly and in fact is seen is Z is some cameos.

So the Android moniker made sense originally. Then the Cell Saga happened and suddenly there were human-turned robots (17, 18, 20) in greater number to non-human robots (8, 19) which made Android retroactively a poor name.
Well yeah, if you leave out Android 16.

xaszatm

That Voice in Your Head
Sep 4, 2010
bluegate said:
xaszatm said:
DarklordKyo said:
mariosonicfan5 said:

Well yeah, if you leave out Android 16.
...I somehow totally forgot about him...In my defense, I never professed to being a huge DBZ fan, A Dragon Ball fan, yes, but not a DBZ fan.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Canadamus Prime said:
Veldie said:
Canadamus Prime said:
Veldie said:
Canadamus Prime said:
FalloutJack said:
I never realized that that was actually a problem. Like yes Roshi was a perverted old man, but he could be a sagely martial arts master when he had to be. Besides my disappointment is more in what that means for Krillin.
Krillin did better then Tien atleast.

And yeah it was a weakness if Master Roshi hadnt overcome it he would of lost hard in the tournament against Universe 2 as they have several ladies in it. As for his martial arts he is being quite wise in it.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Veldie said:
Canadamus Prime said:
Veldie said:
Canadamus Prime said:
Veldie said:
Canadamus Prime said:
FalloutJack said:

And yeah it was a weakness if Master Roshi hadnt overcome it he would of lost hard in the tournament against Universe 2 as they have several ladies in it. As for his martial arts he is being quite wise in it.
That's great and all, but that doesn't change the fact that, despite being the show's butt monkey, Krillin used to be the most powerful of the human characters. Now that distinction, as well as the distinction of surpassing his old master has been stripped from him. It's no wonder I'm not a fan of this franchise anymore!

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Canadamus Prime said:
Veldie said:
Canadamus Prime said:
Veldie said:
Canadamus Prime said:
Veldie said:
Canadamus Prime said:
FalloutJack said:

That's great and all, but that doesn't change the fact that, despite being the show's butt monkey, Krillin used to be the most powerful of the human characters. Now that distinction, as well as the distinction of surpassing his old master has been stripped from him. It's no wonder I'm not a fan of this franchise anymore!
To be fair Krillin got cheap shotted by Frost and if anyone is to blame its 18 for not watching her husbands back when they where tag teaming.

The people Krillin took down tho was pretty cool and made a small nod to Dragon ball with krillin using smell to beat a blind fighter on his own.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Veldie said:
Canadamus Prime said:
Veldie said:
Canadamus Prime said:
Veldie said:
Canadamus Prime said:
Veldie said:
Canadamus Prime said:
FalloutJack said:

To be fair Krillin got cheap shotted by Frost and if anyone is to blame its 18 for not watching her husbands back when they where tag teaming.

The people Krillin took down tho was pretty cool and made a small nod to Dragon ball with krillin using smell to beat a blind fighter on his own.
You're not really listening to me are you? I don't care what the circumstances were. Everything Krillin has done since training with Roshi way back in the original series, climbing Korin tower, having his true potential unlocked by Guru on Namek, means nothing because he still can't surpass Master fucking Roshi!

PapaGreg096

Oct 12, 2013
Canadamus Prime said:
Veldie said:
Canadamus Prime said:
Veldie said:
Canadamus Prime said:
Veldie said:
Canadamus Prime said:
Veldie said:
Canadamus Prime said:
FalloutJack said:

You're not really listening to me are you? I don't care what the circumstances were. Everything Krillin has done since training with Roshi way back in the original series, climbing Korin tower, having his true potential unlocked by Guru on Namek, means nothing because he still can't surpass Master fucking Roshi!
When was it said that Krillin was weaker than Roshi

Tarias

Mar 8, 2016
He went out in the most recent tournament arc without taking anyone out. While Roshi got 3+.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
PapaGreg096 said:
Canadamus Prime said:
Veldie said:
Canadamus Prime said:
Veldie said:
Canadamus Prime said:
Veldie said:
Canadamus Prime said:
Veldie said:
Canadamus Prime said:
FalloutJack said:

When was it said that Krillin was weaker than Roshi
Here:
Veldie said:
Canadamus Prime said:

PapaGreg096

Oct 12, 2013
Tarias said:
He went out in the most recent tournament arc without taking anyone out. While Roshi got 3+.
He took out that blind fox guy also again he was blind sided by Frost and one could argue Frost was stronger than Roshi's opponents(hell that princess chick was weak as all hell)

Veldie said:
Canadamus Prime said:
[/quote]

Not really a confirmation.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
PapaGreg096 said:
Veldie said:
Canadamus Prime said:
Not really a confirmation.
Maybe not, but I'm too sick of DB to check for myself.