Something to ponder...

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I might. It would depend on how I was feeling at the time. Currently, no, as I have no desire to do so right now.

The Eggplant

May 4, 2010
Yes, just to watch him fume behind that funny little mustache of his. That, more than the wallet, would absolutely make my evening.

Moriarty

Apr 29, 2009
Morals should never lead you to do something with the whole purpose of making someones day worse.

for the lulz, however is a perfectly valid reason to do so

PHOENIXRIDER57

Mar 2, 2010
I'm sure me taking his wallet would be the last straw for him, and at the moment he turns around and sees me running away with it is the moment when he decides to start the World War.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Well, maybe not morally obligated, but imagine being able to say in ~40 years time, "I once ruined Hitler's day".

Mr. Grey

I changed my face, ya like it?
Aug 31, 2009
Considering the Deutsche Mark was worth next to nothing at the time, even when he boosted his country's economy with industrialization of the war variety... I'd steal it if only to sell it in the future. I can do that right?

Bah! I'd keep it as memento... not very often do you get to collect something like that from a tactical genius. Sure he was a bastard, but you can't fault his intellect... just his sanity.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
WHO TOLD YOU THI- oh... a theory ... erm, right.
Yes, I think I would do it. Look, look, I've got Hitler's driving license, what's he going to do now, haha! Can't take Eva Braun to the dinner like you promised? Poor guy, what a shame you lost your license to that devilish pickpocket.

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
I would do it for two reasons.

1. So I could tell people I traveled through time just to steal Hitler's wallet.

2. Because it's hilarious.

Blueruler182

May 21, 2010
We should not be squandering such a magnificent gift such as time travel on something so menial as... Who the fuck am I kidding, I totally would.

Aug 3, 2008
So I have a time machine which only allows me to go back in time and steal Hitlers wallet? Who the hell wrote the specification for this machine?

On topic, yes i would. Mainly just so i can be the first person to go back in time.

JBojangles

Feb 13, 2010
Only if I could put sneak it back with some scandalous photo or something along those lines. You know, see if I can screw with his head a bit, plus if anyone found it, how akward would that be?

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
Break said:
That's... That's a really interesting question. It's made my day. Thank you for sharing that with us.
You're very welcome. I have some others I may add later on.

OT: I'm glad pretty much everyone here thinks pretty much the same way I do. While I don't feel morally obligated to steal the wallet, I would definitely do it. And pretty much for the reason everyone else is doing it: ruining Hitler's day for the lulz.

s0denone

Apr 25, 2008
Pimppeter2 said:
I'd rather loot his corpse.

Would I steal his wallet? Yes, but not because I feel obligated to, but becuase it would be fun.
Word for word what I would have written.

How is one morally obligated to steal someone elses wallet, knowing that it will have no change on any outcome whatsoever? That's just a ridiculously obvious question. Of course I am not morally obligated... And of course I would steal his wallet.

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
Here's a new one:

Imagine you live in a world where art, music, movies and are similar media are completely subjective and are defined by how each person interprets it. For example, you and a friend are watching a movie and during the course of the movie, the main character's sidekick dies. You think that this shouldn't have happened, while your friend is fine with it. When you view the movie, the character does not die and the movie progresses how you believe it should have gone, while your friend will view his interpretation of the movie. This type of situation applies for all art/media.

Would you what to live in such a world?

What if this was an ability that could be turned on and off at will?