Something you Googled that you wish you didn't

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
JonnyHG said:
I typed the word 'what' into Google. The first suggestion that came up was 'what does the fox say'. I will forever regret clicking on that phrase.
Frankly that was just weird.

This has been a fun thread.

nariette

Jun 9, 2013
I am one of those persons that has a natural tendency to do something when it's discouraged. Everytime someone says "don't search for ..." I will immediately look for it. Tubgirl was one of those things (it was mentioned in a critical miss episode), just like 2 girls 1 cup and blue waffle.

Nigh Invulnerable

Jan 5, 2009
One that's not quite such a shock-site related thing is just wandering into the parts of Youtube where there are videos of people popping zits, plucking ingrown hairs, scraping blackheads, etc. can get rather?..gross in a hurry.

Also, don't google image search "anencephaly". It's a birth defect where the brain doesn't form properly in the skull and it creates some sadly horrifying babies.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
I've seen the so-called 'unholy trinity of the net', I've looked up medical terms (often benign, but some of the conditions I've learned about are horrific to envision and some of the procedures make me shudder), I've thankfully never seen the 2 girls video, but I did read up on it and unfortunately have a vivid imagination, and then of course there's the human botfly...

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
US Angel Corps. Don't google that if you value your sanity, ok? Just... Don't.

TheMadDoctorsCat

Apr 2, 2008
dyre said:
I'm generally pretty good about not googling those things (I've never seen 2 girls 1 cup, for example). But blue waffle sounded harmless enough...
I just bet my friend my rusty five pence piece against his that someone would mention "Blue Waffle" before I got to it. And lo and behold, it's the first response to the OP. Thank you Dyre; I am now very very very very very very very slightly better off, thanks to you!

SaetonChapelle

May 11, 2010
Not really a "google" search, but while looking up some sporting equipment for a friend I tried to search "dicks.com".

Also, google searching any anime character without the filter on. ><

[REDACTED]

Apr 30, 2012
Not Google, but I think it counts. Back when I was but a wee lad, I opened up my mother's pathophysiology textbook. Can you say "Testicular Elephantiasis?"

Later, I opened up her embryology textbook, naively thinking that I would be safe from trauma. Hah. Can you say "Horrifying birth defects?"

On topic, some evil person on this forum once namedropped Boku no Pico without much in the way of explanation, other than that it was shocking in some way. I looked it up, expecting whatever I found to be good for an incredulous laugh or two. It wasn't.

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
TheMadDoctorsCat said:
dyre said:
I'm generally pretty good about not googling those things (I've never seen 2 girls 1 cup, for example). But blue waffle sounded harmless enough...
I just bet my friend my rusty five pence piece against his that someone would mention "Blue Waffle" before I got to it. And lo and behold, it's the first response to the OP. Thank you Dyre; I am now very very very very very very very slightly better off, thanks to you!
I think it's only fair that you give me two pence out of your earnings for capitalizing on my suffering :(

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
[REDACTED said:
]On topic, some evil person on this forum once namedropped Boku no Pico without much in the way of explanation, other than that it was shocking in some way. I looked it up, expecting whatever I found to be good for an incredulous laugh or two. It wasn't.
To be fair, I did use the word "Shock" in describing it as well as a few other choice anime, and it wasn't like I was telling people to go see it nor did I intend to.

So yeah, you've only got yourself to blame for that one, buddy.

[REDACTED]

Apr 30, 2012
[Kira Must Die said:
]
[REDACTED said:
]On topic, some evil person on this forum once namedropped Boku no Pico without much in the way of explanation, other than that it was shocking in some way. I looked it up, expecting whatever I found to be good for an incredulous laugh or two. It wasn't.
To be fair, I did use the word "Shock" in describing it as well as a few other choice anime, and it wasn't like I was telling people to go see it nor did I intend to.

So yeah, you've only got yourself to blame for that one, buddy.
Oh, believe me, I know. But hey, denial is one of the stages of grief, right?

Edit: Nowjustwaitasecond. You placed it alongside School Days, which definitely falls into the "Incredulous Laugh" category. How was I to know?

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
[REDACTED said:
]Edit: Nowjustwaitasecond. You placed it alongside School Days, which definitely falls into the "Incredulous Laugh" category. How was I to know?
I was merely citing it as an example of "shock" anime, as it is, besides Boku no Pico, one of the more notable examples (although I do agree with you on it.)

Also, while I haven't actually seen it, I don't find the idea of Boku no Pico very disturbing, it just seemed like a niche thing. I'm still waiting for an anime adaptation of Mai-chan's Daily Life (DON'T look that up, by the way).

Blitsie

Jul 2, 2012
Sewing Machines, seriously.

Its both saddening and hilarious how sometimes something truly horrifying can slip through the safesearch filter, I remember helping my mother once innocently look up sewing machine pictures only to have a picture of a man being ravished by an elephant pop up. She left the room screaming, I guess even the most casual internet users experience rule 34 once in their lives.

I wonder if that guy survived his romp with the elephant though...

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
"dragons sex cars"

Don't........just don't!!!!!
You may say "nah, I will be fine". NO! Don't Google it!!!
Believe me. I have also many fetish like furries,feet,etc, but this.....noOOOOoOOoooOOooOOOOOoooo....

Sep 24, 2008
can we be honest?

A lot of you are just trying to share the pain, right? I mean, it hurt you, so you want to hurt others?

I mean, a description would be fine. But you people are gleefully trotting out these innocent sounding things. It's like putting a kid in front of a million screens and a big red button and telling him 'DON'T TOUCH'

TheMadDoctorsCat

Apr 2, 2008
dyre said:
TheMadDoctorsCat said:
dyre said:
I think it's only fair that you give me two pence out of your earnings for capitalizing on my suffering :(
Sure thing! Just as long as you pay the postage, packaging, and a "processing fee" of £50...

TheKrigeron

Apr 4, 2013
I remember I Googled something that was blue and was related to pastries. only it wasn't that , at all.
As for how or why it was my Computer-less friend who sayed he needed a picture of a Blue waffle, urgently. The bastard...