Song Covers you prefer to the original

DLlama

Sep 21, 2010
Fretmasterj said:
Everything on 99 Songs of the Revolution by Streetlight Manifesto. If you haven't heard this do it now!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdK_pNq3zRI
This, I want to point out this one in particular

Parallel Streaks

Jan 16, 2008
I know that this is a very polarized subject, but I always preferred the Guns N Roses cover of Sympathy For The Devil. I'm not trying to insight an argument here, but my reasoning is thus: Firstly, it was the first one I heard back when I was a young child, so I've always considered it the original. Secondly, I've come to associate it with the awesome revitalizing of Lestat in Interview With The Vampire, as it's playing during the finale.

Whatever the reason, I've just always preferred it. I may be a philistine, and I do acknowledge the Rolling Stones version is also phenomenal, but that's just me I suppose.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
TeeBs said:
snipped the vid.

Isn't it mutually accepted that Jeff Buckley's version is like 100x better then Leonard Cohen's, hell Leonard didn't even like his version and only became popular post humorously, Though I guess the same could be said about Jeff.
Post humorously? Like after it was funny? Did you mean posthumously? Because Leonard isn't dead, and Buckley's version was a hit before he took his little swim. Anyway I like Leonard more, but I quite like the French version of "Dance Me To The End Of Love", by Madeleine Peyroux. You may have heard it if you played the Saboteur. I also like Nina Simone's version of "Mosquitos Tweeter" better than Tina's. However I want to restrain myself from posting too many video's

Here are two.

The Best.

Interesting (love the chorus).

TeeBs

Oct 9, 2010
octafish said:
TeeBs said:
snipped the vid.

Isn't it mutually accepted that Jeff Buckley's version is like 100x better then Leonard Cohen's, hell Leonard didn't even like his version and only became popular post humorously, Though I guess the same could be said about Jeff.
Post humorously? Like after it was funny? Did you mean posthumously? Because Leonard isn't dead, and Buckley's version was a hit before he took his little swim. Anyway I like Leonard more, but I quite like the French version of "Dance Me To The End Of Love", by Madeleine Peyroux. You may have heard it if you played the Saboteur. I also like Nina Simone's version of "Mosquitos Tweeter" better than Tina's. However I want to restrain myself from posting too many video's

Here are two.

The Best.

Interesting (love the chorus).
Oh yea sorry, but I could of swore Leonard was dead.

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
*backs into a corner and raises his flame shield*

...I think the MCR and The Used's cover of 'Under Pressure' is better than the original...I never really liked Queen...style of music is just...weird, all over the place for me...

I will admit I do like 'Don't Stop Me Now'

Don't hurt me Escapist...

Calico93

Jul 31, 2010
Seether - Careless whisper.
Nirvana - Man who sold the world
Korn - Word up

Cant think of any else.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
Reel Big Fish's covers of Take On Me and Hungry Like The Wolf. Also most of Richard Cheese's covers

TheSchizoid

Oct 28, 2009
Yes, Johnny's "Hurt" and Jeff's "Hallelujah" are fantastic covers. I'll throw in Guns 'n Roses' cover of "Sympathy For The Devil" over the original Rolling Stones' version.

And, just because someone mentioned "Ooops", I'll give you "Baby One More Time" by Ahmet and Dweezil Zappa.

And also Reel Big Fish's "Kiss Me Deadly".

coldshadow

Mar 19, 2009
Aris Khandr said:
TeeBs said:

For that song, I'm actually rather enamored with Bon Jovi's version.

but...I like leonard cohen's version, a hell of a lot more than the others.