Song To Fly Jets To

Ramare

Apr 27, 2009
Look to the title.

I would like a recommendation of songs that are good to fly jets to, because I'm making a sort of all-star playlist of songs that are both nice to listen to and flow well. That's why
this song didn't get chosen. I do like that song but, even though I like it, it just doesn't have a very "song to shoot dudes to" or "song to fly to" feel to it.
But
this song did get chosen. Because it fits well, in my opinion, and with my tastes (Thanks, wgbdvs!).
So, I want things like classic rock, arena rock, and, to a lesser extent, electronic tracks (various genres) like
these songs. Because flying a jet so many directions in hot pursuit of an enemy jet you don't even know which way is up while listening to dubstep is a fuckin' trip, man.
Also, songs like
this will work, too. Kill for gain or shoot to maim, but we don't need a reason~
I do want to say that I remember the Escapist hating "Suggesteth Me Something!" threads; but, hey, at least this time it isn't about anime, has examples and specifics, and is vaguely relevant to jets and birgirpall/wgbdvs! :D

Edit: Also, I don't care if the song has lyrics or not, because singing along is fun for everyone. Which is just me. So, yeah. Weee!

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
This one?

I kid, I kid.

evilneko said:
You need Queen's One Vision in there.

Because Iron Eagle.
I most definitely agree here.

Ramare

Apr 27, 2009
evilneko said:

Because Iron Eagle.
Hmm. Alright, I remember that song. I like it, but we'll see if it feels jet enough.

Alright, I'm back. It doesn't seem terribly...flight-worth, but "Because Iron Eagle" is good enough to me, after having seen some bits of it.

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
Ramare said:
evilneko said:

Because Iron Eagle.
Hmm. Alright, I remember that song. I like it, but we'll see if it feels jet enough.

Alright, I'm back. It doesn't seem terribly...flight-worth, but "Because Iron Eagle" is good enough to me, after having seen some bits of it.
You haven't seen Iron Eagle?

Go watch it. It's patriotic, campy, cliched, but if you love jets, you'll love Iron Eagle.

Screw Top Gun. Iron Eagle's where it's at.

The sequels are kinda meh.

Ramare

Apr 27, 2009
Luftwaffles said:

In battlefield 3?
Hah, you know you've found a classic when it's got a picture of the band in black & white. Eh, it's not bad, just like the last song. It isn't terribly jet style, though. Does it have any significance from jet/flying movies/games, though? If it fits that bill, I'll have it anyway.

Something a bit more like might fit the bill, though.

Off topic, I like Iron Maiden, apparently.

Remember, people, if it can be used in an flight action montage, it fits in here just as well as something that's just good to listen to but fast paced/action-y enough to fit in well. Also, jet movie tracks, because they're awesome.

Ramare

Apr 27, 2009
evilneko said:
Ramare said:
evilneko said:

Because Iron Eagle.

You haven't seen Iron Eagle?

Go watch it. It's patriotic, campy, cliched, but if you love jets, you'll love Iron Eagle.

Screw Top Gun. Iron Eagle's where it's at.

The sequels are kinda meh.
Going a bit off topic, but that's okay, because discussion is fine, too.

I'm not actually "in" to jets, I just started flying jets in Battlefield 3, and it's really fun. Also, challenging. I sometimes have trouble figuring out which way is up when I'm chasing dudes through the sky.

I think I'll look into Iron Eagle, though. I haven't watched a movie in a year or so, because of a combination of them being shite and me not being arsed.

Ramare

Apr 27, 2009
I just noticed that in my tired haze (curse me for coming up with this thread at two in the morning!(EST)), that the title is "Song To Fly Jets To" rather than "Songs To Fly Jets To".

A wave of electronic songs, next? I hope so.

I think I'll revive this thread in the morning.

Luftwaffles

Apr 24, 2010
Ramare said:
*rolling scissor snip*
Well i cant think of any other than Highway to the Dangerzone and Wagnar. So have some calming-ish vids of flying instead.

If you ever want to try flight sims, Il2 1946 is a good start. Plenty of mods out there too, including a classic era jet mod. Im more of a classic fighter guy.

Aur0ra145

Elite Member
May 22, 2009
Oh me, you have come to the right place...

Self explanatory, also, pilots act exactly like this.
If you've ever drank that dreadful stuff, you'll understand
I want a gun like the A-10 on a 172
Choices.
Ode to the guys that flew the phantom down in the delta
Push the target
Also how pilots act, I can attest to this.
Korean war song about F-86's
Not everyone makes it home, especially in an OV-10
For those who never make it home.

I'll provide more songs if necessary.

J-dog42

Aug 1, 2010
Aur0ra145 said:
Also how pilots act, I can attest to this.
The sad thing about this one is that we don't actually have any jet fighters here in NZ. They mothballed the skyhawks a long time ago and cancelled a purchase for some F-16s. The bastards. Of course this is the air force that has only just got around to replacing the Hueys. We now have shiny NH90s.

OT: I think this song is good for anything badass.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
Ride of the Valkyries

That should have been in the first reply. Nothing can match it in my opinion.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
This is the main one that comes to mind right now