Songs in you opinion everyone should hear once

Halfie2

Jan 28, 2013
Spoiler those videos, for the love of god spoiler those videos!
My browser crashed from the load these vids caused. [sub](not really, just freezed for a while)[/sub]

OT:
It's actually two songs but who cares

leodetroit

Aug 11, 2013

I know the quality is really bad in this video, but you can listen to it on spotify or find it elsewhere.
Listen to the song at least three and you will learn to love it.

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
Wolfmother is not to everyone's taste but I really love it...

Gotta put some more Coheed & Cambria on here too

And I'll finish with Avantasia

Oh & Tools Lateralus is awesome too, but has already been posted.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
bluepotatosack said:
Don't do anything else. Just listen. Gives me chills.

It's said when she sang this song as a child it would convince people to confess their sins to the priest.
It's amazing isn't it

Also I know it was used on the trailer for AC: Revelations, but this song, for me, perfectly describes a warrior, gives me goosebumps!

Wolf In A Bear Suit

Jun 2, 2012
ThreeName said:
Master_of_Oldskool said:
My must-listen songs fall into two categories:

Your taste in epic music is remarkably similar to mine.

War Penguin said:
Man, the Escapists have some really good taste in music... :0

aba1 said:
I put more than one song but I guess my real choice would be the first one just really relaxing song with a good message. I have never really been into rap but I still love this song.
Shit man. If you're not into rap, it gives me hope that people can still see what's dope in life. Weed out the good shit from the bad.

[sub][sub]Yes, I use "dope" un-ironically. Word.[/sub][/sub]
Red X said:
these songs seem relevant to the times to me.
Dude. I first heard of this guy from the Rap Critic on That Guy With The Glasses. This guy freaked the shit out of me when I first heard this song. BECAUSE HE WAS [small](mostly)[/small] RIGHT!!! D:
Quazimofo said:
As for this one, I can't quite place exactly why it works, but it jut hits me like a sack of bricks each time. In a good way.

I really like that song too. I think what makes it great is that it's so simple. It's very minimalistic and it has one feeling that it wants to convey. And I think it makes it so much more effective in doing so.

Anyway, my contribution:

Whenever people talk shit about hip hop, I show them this song. Then all of a sudden, they stop talking shit about hip hop. :D
Lets keep this theme going:

Entry from the UK

And from the Land Down Under
Very nice man. I'm a huge scroobius pip fan. Look up no nimbus by him. Immense remix really. Also despite being Irish and having no idea how I stumbled into the genre I love Aussie Hip Hop. I'm a big Drapht fan in particular and that song was pretty class too.
My contribution is not hip hop but it's something people are not likely to hear as the band isn't very well known outside of (and within) Ireland Also look up golden rule and their Cosmic love cover. Class.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
Damn someone already put coheed and cambria. Anywho;
best fucking cover of this song. Amazing.

Also if you haven't heard the new Nine Inch Nails, you're doing it wrong.

Envy Omicron

Apr 27, 2013
I'm probably going to get accusations of being "pretentious" for this one, but I don't care because I find this song very dark and beautiful, and my favorite part is probably from 10:10 to 14:25.