Songs That Sound Strangely Similar

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
Title says it all, really. The songs can be from anything you want, but I'd prefer it if you refrained from using the extremely obvious ones ("Ice Ice Baby" sounding like "Under Pressure", for example).

My pick is the Final Fantasy 10 main battle theme and "Europa" by Santana (If someone could tell me how to embed a video, I'd be grateful)

The similarities with Europa start at the 22 second mark.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Here's how you embed videos. First, take the URL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C34BzC7rnos Here it is. Now, remove everything up to the word "youtube."

youtube.com/watch?v=C34BzC7rnos

Okay, and now remove everything between the dot after "youtube" and the = like this:

youtube=C34BzC7rnos

And now just put ] at the end and [ at the beginning, like this:

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
Queen Michael said:
Here's how you embed videos. First, take the URL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C34BzC7rnos Here it is. Now, remove everything up to the word "youtube."

youtube.com/watch?v=C34BzC7rnos

Okay, and now remove everything between the dot after "youtube" and the = like this:

youtube=C34BzC7rnos

And now just put ] at the end and [ at the beginning, like this:

Thanks for the info, much appreciated :) I went back and edited my post to have the videos embedded, if you want to compare the songs for yourself.

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
It's mostly the chorus but David bowie's Ziggy stardust and marilyn manson's president dead sonud pretty similar to me.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
"Suicide Mission" from Mass Effect 2
And "I Am The Doctor" from the beginning of Matt Smith's run in Doctor Who.
I remember when season 5 started and that song started playing. "Wait, what? That's the Mass Effect 2 theme"! It's like having two of my favorite things in one.

Tom_green_day

Jan 5, 2013
The theme song from HancockAnd the hymn Jerusalem, the real British National Anthem.
with a bit of another classical piece thrown in but the name escapes me right now.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
The opening of the theme from a Fistful of Dollars sounds a little, little bit like Ghost Riders in the Sky.

Fascinating.

Flutterguy

Jun 26, 2011
Parts of the organ played throughout Chest Fever by The Band always reminded me of the last world of Spyro 3, or well Spyro reminded me of chest fever i suppose..
I really cant come into this topic and not bring up the Sum 41/Coldplay thing either.

TheDarklite

Nov 26, 2010
The Conquest: Frontier Wars Terran theme:

Sounds incredibly similar to the Starship Troopers theme:

And I love both of them!

Ghostface2206

Apr 6, 2013
well, this:

Always kind of reminds me of this:

I'm only really talking about the opening here, the melody is almost identical.
I'm also aware that Emerald Coast may or may not be based off of a song from Sonic 3D Blast. (they re-used a few tracks from 3D Blast in Sonic Adventure 1, for example: Panic Puppet Zone and Twinkle Park sound the exact same)

Arslan Aladeen

Oct 9, 2012
I can answer this with just one song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOlDewpCfZQ

It pretty much sounds like every song ever.

Master_of_Oldskool

Sep 5, 2008
The melody and main riff from Mary Jane's Last Dance by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers-

Sounds exactly like Pirate Flag by Kenny Chesney-

Although I have a sneaking suspicion that Pirate Flag isn't so much "similar" as "blatantly ripped off."