Songs to Helicopter Massacre to

RedRockRun

sneaky sneaky
Jul 23, 2009
Was doing the "Fire From the Sky" Coop mission in BF3 recently when "Diamond Dogs" came up on my playlist.

I must say that's a good song to rain rockets on people to. Unless I'm mistaken the "Ride of the Valkyrie" scene from "Apocalypse Now" popularized the whole helicopter killing to music thing, and besides generally pumping me up it's a good way to stay focused.

So has anyone else done this? I've also found Beethoven to provide a great backdrop to destruction.

The Allegro from his 5th Symphony has a lot of full-bodied, lush major beauty with tons of raw power and emotion, which creates a great juxtaposition with explosions. Classy and deadly.

The Allegro con Brio from his 7th Symphony though is brimming with power and fury. The buildup to the major crescendo is like the buildup of a storm, and the general pacing of the movement reminds me in itself of flight. When the brass and strings all open up at the climactic moments of the movement the effect is unparalleled, and if as a pilot I can open up my own guns and rain some real death from the skies at that moment, the resulting marriage of music and firepower can truly bring a tear to the eye.

And of course there's everyone's old favorite, the finale of Beethoven's 9th. Killing your fellow man has never felt as epic when put to this soundtrack. In all it's ironic considering the song's lyrics are all about peace and harmony between all men.

Hal10k

May 23, 2011

Because if you're going to do it, you have to go all out. There's no middle ground..

way2sl0w

Resident COD Fanboy
Jan 29, 2012
Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the Devil
Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter
AC/DC - Highway to Hell
Jimi Hendrix - Fire
Jimi Hendrix - All Along the Watchtower

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Me? I like the 1812. Then again it is just such a warlike piece...those cannon booming...good stuff.

I'm also fond of Walk on Guilded Splinters by Dr John, Born on the Bayou by CCR, and of course Unmarked Helicopters by Soul Coughing.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
While playing Saints Row the Third, I went with an obvious soundtrack (namely this track):

Three guesses on what helicopter I was flying.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Gentlemen...!

[sub]0:10 to skip intro[/sub]

Fuck yeah!

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
Helicopter massacre? A romantic night out.

Daystar Clarion said:
Nevah!

I have the ultimate anti-helicopter gunship song!
Ahh yes, I loved that episode..

Samantha Burt

Jan 30, 2012
First thing that came to mind was "Feel Like I Do" by Drowning Pool because it was the song I was listening to during the first Heli Attack mission I did in Saints Row 3.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Well, since I'm a maniacle bastard who laughed at most of the death scenes in film, I'm going with this:

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
"Ride of the Valkyries" is too obvious, but still perfect.

Mouse_Crouse

Apr 28, 2010
Gordon_4 said:
The one and only, Thunderstruck
Gotta admit that was pretty awesome.

I like the 3rd movement of Moonlight Sonata, but I think that goes well with anything.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
ToastiestZombie said:
Well, since I'm a maniacle bastard who laughed at most of the death scenes in film, I'm going with this:
For some reason, that song makes every death scene better, and I giggled really hard.

OT: Because why the hell not.