Songs you have listened too hundreds of times, but don't get tired of.

Weslebear

Dec 9, 2009
Released VERY recently but I've had it on constant replay for a solid day.

I didn't think the Skyrim theme could be more epic, until this happened.

Fogold

Jan 18, 2010
"Home" by Adward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros. This song has a remarkable ability to make me feel nostalgic despite the fact that I haven't really heard it for long.

"Iron" by Woodkid. The whole song just has a great tone to it, and the brass gives it a real sense of scale. Loved it since I heard it in the Assassin's Creed Revelations trailer.

"Hurt" by Johnny Cash. All the reasons the op mentioned.

"Linoleum" by Streetlight Manifesto. Cover of a song by a band that I've unfortunately forgotten the name of. Something about the song is just monumentally happy to me. Can't really explain why, it just lights me up.

It seems I have a thing for single word titles. Oh well.

Logiclul

Sep 18, 2011
Lieutenant Larceny said:
'Na Na Na' by My Chemical Romance.
'Such Great Heights' by Streetlight Manifesto.
Such Great Heights by the Postal Service is a great song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9ow42XTx4I&feature=related

A link for reference, I much prefer the Postal Services' original version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyN04fpq4Pc&feature=related
The Academy is: Phrase that Pays is also a great song

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
Injustice for all by Molotov Solution, I have listened to this song so many times recently

Sleipnir

Oct 17, 2009
Twist The Knife by That Handsome Devil, granted I could listen to That Handsome Devil for days... also Knekker deg til sist by Kaizers Orchestra.

BodomBeachChild

Nov 12, 2009
Stone the Crow by Down, I'm Broken by Pantera, and Damage Inc. by Metallica. Yeah, those are some of those groups most famous songs but go they get me motivated to do... anything. Many throw $20 Peanut by Weedeater in there.

Jewbot

Jul 15, 2011
A lot, really, but the one that stands out the most is "Thick as a Brick" by Jethro Tull. In a fabulous display of mockery for their own genre, Tull managed to produce one of the greatest examples of progressive music in existence. Plus, Hammond B3. How could you get tired of that sound?

C2Ultima

Future sovereign of Oz
Nov 6, 2010
"On The Backs of Angels" by Dream Theater is probably a good example. It was released last September, but according to my computer, I've listened to it on my iPod 1,178 times.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Snow (Hey Oh) or Otherside by Red Hot Chili Peppers. However, Adventures of Raindance Maggie, or Monarchy of Roses from their newest album could overtake those.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
<youtube=_InlHtXP5-Q>

It's just so... Tweety!
I'm actually holding myself back from playing it too often because I fear it will ruin the magic. Sometimes I have strange musical taste.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011

Unbelievable track, I could listen to it all day.... :)

EDIT: Everyone, listen to this and see how relaxed you become, it has that effect on me anyway.

jacilon

Aug 8, 2011
The ultimate showdown
New world revolution - robot
New world revolution - Re - evolve
Scott pilgrim vs the world - threshold
Scott pilgrim vs the world - Winter
Scott pilgrim vs the world -Shrine bros
Castle crashers - necromancer
Whoever bring the night - little big planet 2
The whole burnout 3 soundtrack

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
Probably the remix of an old game, which was then retaken by Bethesda but didn't gave it it's own atmosphere that was actually palpable in the first 2 games:

cool theme huh ?

Now talking about songs:

Either a very good old school punk rock song:

or a great movie soundtrack theme with J.P. BELMONDO:

loudestmute

Oct 21, 2008
In trying to answer this question, I am reminded how ashamed I am that most of my music is still locked up on CDs in the iPod Age. Guess I need somethig physical to hold onto.

...Right, back on topic. "Paper Wings" by Rise Against, "Sweetness" from Jimmy Eat World, and "Everlong" by the Foo Fighters all got me through high school and parts of college, but the one song that really comforts me, lets me know all will be right in the world as long as there's a radio station with this in its constant rotation.

Now, if only the video held up to the test of time.

Doog0AD

Apr 23, 2010
Just about any of Eric Clapton's more popular tunes (and some of his less popular, though there's a reason why the popular ones are such) I've listened through. The man is a textbook example of how you can make amazing-sounding music just by using your ear and an array of simple scales just by adding enough variety, practice and talent for varying up your scales.