Sonic 2 HD

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Well, I just played through the Sonic Fan Remix demo, which I've had sitting on my hard drive for a while without playing now, and I remembered that the escapist reported on a teaser site last month. for something called Sonic 2 HD, with a countdown clock attached. Well, as of the time of this writing, the countdown is at 12 minutes. Is anyone else excited to see what it is? I'm in the mood for some sonic-y goodness, personally.

Here's a link if anyone's interested.

Edit: It's just a teaser trailer, and a majorly disappointing one at that. I was hoping for something more along the lines of that Sonic Fan Remix project from a while back, instead of an apparently flash-based remake of Sonic 2. I already have two legal copies of Sonic 2, meaning I'd be within my rights to emulate it if I really had the urge to play an unchanged remake at HD resolutions. Not that I actually have that urge...

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
My guess would be an HD remake of Sonic the Hedgehog 2?

Or maybe Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 2?

Board

Jan 16, 2011
2 minutes left.

if this isnt an hd new sonic with a classic feel for XBL and PSN and WII ima be sad.

EDIT: Apparently "Sonic 2 HD" is code for "We have created NEGATIVE time."

Blindrooster

Jul 13, 2009
-1 days? Is this a joke? after it did that i refreshed the page and it started from 2 mins again....

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Well that was disappointing. The bloody thing rolled over. I guess I can always fire up my PS2 and my copy of the Sega Genesis collection (My actual genesis and sonic games are at home, or about an hour's drive from my dorm.)

Also: The Captcha has Hebrew text in it. I am not making this up.

Edit: It's a teaser trailer. It looks pretty cool, but not as cool as I was hoping.

oplinger

Sep 2, 2010
my countdown hit and the site went down. I laughed because I said "30 seconds until we get OWNED BY SEGA wooooosh!"

and then it happened.

EDIT: it's back...and I was excited. But it looks more like sonic was remade IN FLASH WOOHOOOo yeah! Flash Sonic 2! I'm not excited anymore.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Awww... it's just an HD release of Sonic 2. Drat. I was hoping for the fanmade project to get approved.

Board

Jan 16, 2011
so...
Im pretty sure this just confirmed that SEGA needs to get a new series.
again.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
lacktheknack said:
Awww... it's just an HD release of Sonic 2. Drat. I was hoping for the fanmade project to get approved.
Board said:
so...
again.
You guys do realize that this is a fanmade project, right? It's just not the cool 3D one that we saw a while back. Sega had nothing to do with it.

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
Seems cool. To bad there's absolutely no chance that Sega will let this live once they find out about it. Something tells me that in a few months Sega will have given this team a C&D and announced an HD remake of Sonic 1, 2, or 3.

Board

Jan 16, 2011
Owyn_Merrilin said:
lacktheknack said:
Board said:
so...
again.
You guys do realize that this is a fanmade project, right? It's just not the cool 3D one that we saw a while back. Sega had nothing to do with it.
oh silly me.
didnt read the affiliation text.
my bad :/

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Owyn_Merrilin said:
lacktheknack said:
Board said:
so...
again.
Yeah, I know. I was just REALLY hoping for that other one to get approved.