Sonic Boom

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
The second episode was pretty good. The first was only on par with the pac-man show, but less cringe.

Probably how this show is gonna be, like pac-man with less cringe.

ISearchForTraps

Jun 22, 2009
jdogtwodolla said:
The second episode was pretty good. The first was only on par with the pac-man show, but less cringe.

That's a plus, the Pac-Man show is okay, but WAY too in love with the gross humor. EVERY episode seems to have at least ONE fart joke or something gross in it.

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
ISearchForTraps said:
jdogtwodolla said:

That's a plus, the Pac-Man show is okay, but WAY too in love with the gross humor. EVERY episode seems to have at least ONE fart joke or something gross in it.
I don't even mean just potty humor. I also think Pac-man is Okay but it has no wit nor stakes. Sometimes it's just uncomfortable to watch it try.

Dizchu

...brutal
Sep 23, 2014
I've seen Chris-chan bitching about it constantly for the last week (omg Sonic's arms are blue).

For that reason alone I endorse it.

Dagda Mor

Jun 23, 2011
Dragonbums said:
whaaaaaaaaaat I missed the premiere?!

That's what I get for being an online only person I suppose.

It seems based on the users who did see it it wasn't all that bad all things considered. I feel it will be an average to okay show to line up CN's airings.

And like somenone else in this thread said- as long as it's not Disney Sonic levels of stupid, and "try hard" levels of Sonic X we will be solid.

I do...wish though that another Sonic cartoon will come about the likes of satAM. I mean, really now SEGA, the fact that the comic continuation of it lasted this long should tell you something that it was a quality show with a quality premise. (let's ignore the whole Ken Sanders fiasco though.)
I actually found the "try hard"-iness of Sonic X to be rather endearing, ridiculous as it was. It's pretty accurate to the plot of the games, actually. I don't really like Sonic when he's trying to be funny--he'll make me laugh every now and again, but he makes me groan a lot more.