Sony announces SSB-esque game

Kirex

Jun 24, 2011
http://www.devicemag.com/2011/11/01/sony-announces-a-super-smash-bros-clone-that-will-feature-nathan-drake-kratos-and-others/

I think it's nice, although I'll first have to see the product, of course. I don't know, I wouldn't want a blatant rip-off, something between oldschool-fighter and SSB-style gameplay would be really awesome. Something like Dissidia, maybe?

Please don't start a console-flamewar here like in the comments below that article, but some fucking idiot will surely trollbait and insult Sony/Nintendo/Someone's Mom and then all hell breaks loose.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
I'm not sure Sony has enough defining characters to really produce a sizable stable, it has some as shown, but nowadays you need a lot of characters to make a fighter worthwhile in my opinion.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
This seems unlikely. First, Sony doesn't have a whole lot of iconic properties, and those that are don't really meld. Crash, Kratos and Nathan Drake? Plus, many characters aren't the property of Sony, they were made by other studios. Naughty Dog, Activison etc. It's not impossible, but I'm going to chalk this up as fake for now.

hoboman29

Jul 5, 2011
Hellz yeah I was hoping this is what that weird commercial was My one hope is that it doesn't have huge balance issues and zoning galore. Wouldn't it be funny if they pretty much copy pasted snake from brawl