Sony Bringing Japanese Imports to PSN

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
wooty said:
F..F...F...Final Fantasy 1 & 2! Oh how I've the first installment. Bring it on Sony
Umm...They're not coming. These are games still in native Japanese that NEVER saw a release outside of Japan. FF 1 and 2 got over here. In multiple version, like Dawn of Souls for GBA and Anthology for PS1.
So I dont get a nice return to NES nostalgia then? Even if it was just released with the Japanese text, I'd still probably remember most of the story and commands, I played it that much when I was younger.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Straying Bullet said:
No English? Isn't that setting yourself up to fail?
Most games probably already have translation guides up on the net and if they don't now, they likely will do in the future. Being able to speak the language isn't so much of a barrier when some other guy has already gone through the trouble of translating the game for you and putting it all online.

ggamer2 said:
Amnestic said:
If they release Super Robot Wars: Original Generations (PS2) on the PSN I might actually have to go out and buy a PS3.
Amen to that. Actually any SRW would be nice
True, but if they lack Kyosuke, Excellen, SANGER ZONVOLT: THE SWORD THAT SMITES EVIL, and Elzam von Branstein/Rätsel Feinschmecker I will be very disappointed.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
wooty said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
wooty said:
F..F...F...Final Fantasy 1 & 2! Oh how I've the first installment. Bring it on Sony
Umm...They're not coming. These are games still in native Japanese that NEVER saw a release outside of Japan. FF 1 and 2 got over here. In multiple version, like Dawn of Souls for GBA and Anthology for PS1.
So I dont get a nice return to NES nostalgia then? Even if it was just released with the Japanese text, I'd still probably remember most of the story and commands, I played it that much when I was younger.
No nostalgia trip for you!

Or soup!

SpaceMedarotterX

Jun 24, 2010
Amnestic said:
Straying Bullet said:
Most games probably already have translation guides up on the net and if they don't now, they likely will do in the future. Being able to speak the language isn't so much of a barrier when some other guy has already gone through the trouble of translating the game for you and putting it all online.

ggamer2 said:
Amnestic said:
If they release Super Robot Wars: Original Generations (PS2) on the PSN I might actually have to go out and buy a PS3.
True, but if they lack Kyosuke, Excellen, SANGER ZONVOLT: THE SWORD THAT SMITES EVIL, and Elzam von Branstein/Rätsel Feinschmecker I will be very disappointed.
Really? I could do without Kyosuke and Excellen.

Sanger just means Alpha Gaiden (translation patch), Alpha 2 and Alpha 3, Same for Ratsel for the latter two.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
SpaceMedarotterX said:
Amnestic said:
Straying Bullet said:

ggamer2 said:
Amnestic said:

Sanger just means Alpha Gaiden (translation patch), Alpha 2 and Alpha 3, Same for Ratsel for the latter two.
I really like the Alt and Weissy. Plus Kyosuke as the best Ultimate Gespenst Kick. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcoMQ2ubyKs]. I could probably handle them not being there, but I would miss them.

But yes, regardless, we really need more SRW games over here.

SpaceMedarotterX

Jun 24, 2010
Amnestic said:
SpaceMedarotterX said:
Amnestic said:
Straying Bullet said:

ggamer2 said:
Amnestic said:

I really like the Alt and Weissy. Plus Kyosuke as the best Ultimate Gespenst Kick. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcoMQ2ubyKs]. I could probably handle them not being there, but I would miss them.

But yes, regardless, we really need more SRW games over here.
I know but I've had my Alt and Weiss fix, there are just so many games with so many better stories than Advanced and OG. Off the top of my head, the Alpha games and Z

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Now we all can experience the crazy world that is JP gaming XD

DeASplode

Nov 26, 2009
Fortuan said:
is anyone else confused by the seemingly IRRELEVANT clip?
I swear that close to the end of the video, when the guy is flexing in the picture frame, the guy keeps saying "6, 6, 6 inches".

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
Sony MUST release '98Koshien'

Screw all other modern day sports games, this one is the BEST!

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
*adds this to the list of crappy features Sony brings PS3 owners instead of basic ones they really want, such as cross game chatting or the ability to play whatever music you want no matter what you are playing*

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
ArchAngelKira said:
Thank god, now only if microsoft and nintendo did this for the wii and 360
I'm pretty sure you've been able to buy Japanese imports on the Virtual Console since day 1.

ultimasupersaiyan

Dec 9, 2008
I hope something like this comes out on the PAL PSN with title never seen here like Lunar and Parasite Eve or Tales Of Destiny. I just want JRPGs that were never released in PAL regions to become available on PSN. Guess we'll have to wait and see if this happens to the PAL PSN with the Japanese games first... if it happens.

getbonus

Sep 14, 2010
I love it. They decide to bring over some imports and go straight for the Cho Aniki.

ArchAngelKira said:
Thank god, now only if microsoft and nintendo did this for the wii and 360
Where you been? Nintendo did this years ago on Wii.