Sony Claims It Told Users of PSN Info Breach Immediately

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
Hey, I just got my e-mail saying my identity has been stolen, now those who don't know now know. I just wish they did this sooner.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
Actually, I completely disagree with you on that. I would rather that Sony inform people immediately of the possibility of a leak to give people a chance to protect themselves.

Here is a case where it would be bad for Sony if they said there was a possible leak and there actually wasn't but it was way worse that they didn't mention it and now confirmed it several days later.

By their actions, Sony has demonstrated just how selfish they truly are.

Shadowtek

Jul 30, 2008
NO! they are lying their asses off. The very first piece of notification I ever received about this was TODAY (April 28). Yet again, full of shit.

Ellen of Kitten

Nov 30, 2010
I read this article when it was first released, followed by accounts of a few people posting that they had not gotten suck a note. Then people posted that they had (and the e-mail itself). I assumed that I must have too, but perhaps it was mixed in with my junk bin.

Just recently, I recived my copy of this alert... My name does fall low on the alphabetical order of things, but damn, that sure was delayed. :(

Ellen of Kitten

Nov 30, 2010
Shadowtek said:
NO! they are lying their asses off. The very first piece of notification I ever received about this was TODAY (April 28). Yet again, full of shit.
Does your last name by any chance fall late in the alphabet? I'm making a guess that they plugged everyone into an e-mailing system that sends these alerts off in alphabetical order, and the whole thing has been taking a while to work down the list. This is just a guess, and it's a theory that would be totally demolished if your last name happened to begin with a "B" or something close to the top. :)