Sony Has Sold Over 30 Million PlayStation 4s

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
EndlessSporadic said:
Metalrocks said:
and soon they will be getting my money too. im serious considering getting one next year. but i always will be a pc gamer by heart but at least i will have the chance to play "the last of us" since this is a ps exclusive.
My sentiments as well though in my case there are other PS exclusives I would rather get. The PS4 is looking to be my device of choice when Kingdom Hearts III finally comes out (since Square Enix hates PC users). The announcement of backwards compatibility is a huge draw, though I do hope I can simply insert my old discs, or at least use the code on the case to unlock the PSN version.
i still own a ps2 slim that works but of course it will save me a lot of space and no cables, since the controller of the ps4 are wireless.
the problem with me is, that im not used to play shooters with a controller. when i played TR on the xbox after getting a VIP treatment from meagan marie (community manager of crystal dynamics) when she came to promote the game in hong kong, i was really struggling to aim. movements were alright but aiming was just a nightmare for me. i guess i will get the hang of it eventually but playing pc games for over 20 years is not an easy switch.

Mar 26, 2008
Hairless Mammoth said:
Programmed_For_Damage said:
This is really strange as the few PS4 owners I know are currently bemoaning the lack of games for it. Never has a console sold so much on so little it seems. Still, good for them.

I'm a bit baffled by Microsoft's "exclusives don't mean shit" attitude, because clearly they do.
I think many people saying "I've been burned by the 360's RRoD too many times to buy another Xbox," or "I still don't trust Microsoft after what they almost pulled on us with the original Xbone DRM," helped Sony a lot more than the extra exclusives the PS4 has. That, the price advantage the PS4 had over the xbox for the longest time, and the higher performance it still has probably would put Sony in the lead even if MS had more exclusives.
That makes sense. I know the DRM issue was the reason my brother didn't pick-up a Xbox One. As someone who still bought a Dreamcast despite Sega burning me hardcore over the Saturn, I stayed true to form and bought a Xbone. I don't regret it, although it would be nice to not be on the losing side for once.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I am so glad of mine. I love it to bits. In fact, it is all I have plugged into my TV now. I used to have: Blu-Ray Player, XBox 360, DVD player (with surround sound) and a Sat TV box. Now I have got rid of Sky and use Netflix (admittedly through my TV not PS4), SONOS and my PS4... so much better, and so much easier to set up.

I may drag out the XBox again one day, but I have no need to for the immediate future.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
This is really strange as the few PS4 owners I know are currently bemoaning the lack of games for it. Never has a console sold so much on so little it seems. Still, good for them.

I'm a bit baffled by Microsoft's "exclusives don't mean shit" attitude, because clearly they do.
I have MGS V, Fallout 4, AC: Syndicate, Tales of Zestiria and the Nathan Drake Collection all sitting waiting since I got back from a few months abroad... This will literally last me another year probably! That is flipping thousands of hours of AAA gameplay...

What on earth do the people you know do where they can play games for so long that they run out of content!? How do I get a position there!?

tiamat5

Aug 6, 2008
It is amazing how many people are just straining not to be bitter with remarks like these. If I talked about the Xbox 360 getting ahead with mostly third party and timed exclusives a while back I would be descended upon by the Microsoft defense squad screaming and beating me over the head with 'exclusives DON'T MATTER!' Now Sony is a little behind on their exclusive games suddenly it's snide remarks, back handed comments and defensive arguments about how Sony is taking too long with their exclusives and anger when people say they prefer to play a game on the PS4. 'I'm not a fanboy. I am just saying the truth. Everybody who buys the PS4 HAS to be an idiot because OBVIOUSLY the Wii U and Xbox One are better. It can't be that they truly just like it and are awaiting the huge amount of stuff they are getting in 2016 plus all the third party and indie games they have. What? No, I'm not bitter or angry. I sound bitter and angry? Well I'm not'

marioandsonic

Nov 28, 2009
Congrats to Sony. Doesn't look like Microsoft will catch up, and I have no idea what Nintendo's planning.

tiamat5 said:
It is amazing how many people are just straining not to be bitter with remarks like these. If I talked about the Xbox 360 getting ahead with mostly third party and timed exclusives a while back I would be descended upon by the Microsoft defense squad screaming and beating me over the head with 'exclusives DON'T MATTER!' Now Sony is a little behind on their exclusive games suddenly it's snide remarks, back handed comments and defensive arguments about how Sony is taking too long with their exclusives and anger when people say they prefer to play a game on the PS4. 'I'm not a fanboy. I am just saying the truth. Everybody who buys the PS4 HAS to be an idiot because OBVIOUSLY the Wii U and Xbox One are better. It can't be that they truly just like it and are awaiting the huge amount of stuff they are getting in 2016 plus all the third party and indie games they have. What? No, I'm not bitter or angry. I sound bitter and angry? Well I'm not'
You sound bitter and angry for some reason.

Mar 26, 2008
Elementary - Dear Watson said:

I have MGS V, Fallout 4, AC: Syndicate, Tales of Zestiria and the Nathan Drake Collection all sitting waiting since I got back from a few months abroad... This will literally last me another year probably! That is flipping thousands of hours of AAA gameplay...

What on earth do the people you know do where they can play games for so long that they run out of content!? How do I get a position there!?
They're single guys in their mid to late 30's. That's pretty much the answer.
As for myself, I'm working through Fallout 4 about half an hour at the time when the wife is in the shower.

Buckets

May 1, 2014
I can understand why the PS4 is more popular, it is the most easily accessible console in the current gen.
I am lucky enough to have one of each next gen console, and I much prefer the PS4, the front end is easily navigable whereas the XBox is horrible.
I can't stand how long the Xbox takes to install a game you have just bought, whereas the same game on the PS4 is usually playable within a few minutes (a few exceptions exist, like Destiny)
I have always liked the PS3/4 style of controllers, they feel much more natural than the Xbox pads, and the fucking thing is rechargable straight away without adding a £30 battery pack.