Sony is Finally Sending out Compensation for 2011 PSN Breach

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
The compensation for the breach was handed out promptly, and it was given to every PSN user regardless of effect. It was delivered in the Terms of Service that forced PSN users to either abdicate their legal right to engage Sony in another class action law suit, or to abdicate access to their PSN accounts along with any purchases made through it.

Sony compensated everyone for daring to be held accountable for their products. As the saying goes, there is no such thing as a free lunch. That provision was the payment for what Sony would eventually pay out.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
The thing is, like others have said before me, the promised free games where handed out not long after PSN relaunched. So something must've gone wrong when writing the article I think.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
I remember PSN going down a couple of months ago, not the HUGE one but I think it went down for a day or two.

I just checked my Email and I got a 1 day extension! Yeah, you know you jelly! I can't even remember the last time I played online ... I do use it for the free games though.