Sony Needs "A Few More Days" For PSN Restoration

Void Droid

Oct 6, 2010
Tom Goldman said:
but someone or a bunch of someones apparently into [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109568-Sony-Admits-Private-PSN-Info-Has-Been-Stolen-All-Of-It] Sony's servers
What's with the use of the word "apparently", I'm pretty sure that is in fact what happened, this site and others twisting the news is starting to get on my tits. Anyone know a site that reports this stuff a little better?

ThisIsSnake

Mar 3, 2011
I say let them take their time. As long as they do a good job on the new network they can have more time, although I am getting an urge to buy FF IX to play on my PSP on bus trips.

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
If it takes another week I really won't mind as long as it's more secure. I can wait for security.

Onyx Oblivion said:
Is it odd that all I really miss on PSN right now is the store?
Yeah. I haven't missed playing online much since I didn't do much of it in the first place, but there's been stuff on the store I've wanted to look at for two weeks now.

Hopefully it's up soon so I can at least satisfy my curiosity of the contents of the store.

Regiment

Nov 9, 2009
StoryMode said:
Hasn't really bugged me -- being down. I play mostly single player games. I just want to upload my trophies. I do like checking out the store though, so its kind of sad not being able to. I'll be like a kid in a candy store when it turns back on though!

Also, I hate having to keep trying and trying to log into Netflix before it actually lets me in ^_~
The similarity of your thoughts on this to my own is almost scary. Are you sure you're not me?

I was hoping for a more substantial update. I appreciate Sony saying "we're trying, give us a minute," but I'd like a deadline. Give us a deadline that's far away and that you know you'll beat. That's all right.

ishist

Jul 6, 2010
Russian_Assassin said:
Sony reminds me of Wheatley from Portal 2. Hilariously trying and failing to fix the mess they caused because they failed to properly maintain the security of their system, occasionally reassuring us it has been fixed, only to have something catch on fire and blow up behind them.
Ok, we need someone to photoshop an eye lens onto the PS orb logo thing stat. That can be the new PS3 logo! Then they can start using a new catch phrase like "We meant for that to happen. Yeah....we totally planned for it to work that way."

Edited to add: Maybe GladOS was behind the hack.

Pat8u

Apr 7, 2011
Hmmmm Thats it I don't care anymore I havent really missed psn so it doesent affect me and I get A free psn plus membership for 30 days in my eyes thats a pretty big win

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Yay psn soon hopefully, portal 2 coop here I come. But Sony don't come back in couple of days and say you still need more time, all this teasing of when psn is coming back is wearing at my patience.

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
rockavitch said:
Tom Goldman said:
but someone or a bunch of someones apparently into [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109568-Sony-Admits-Private-PSN-Info-Has-Been-Stolen-All-Of-It] Sony's servers
What's with the use of the word "apparently", I'm pretty sure that is in fact what happened, this site and others twisting the news is starting to get on my tits. Anyone know a site that reports this stuff a little better?
There are no other sites. Don't even bother looking.

Wuggy

Jan 14, 2010
rockavitch said:
Tom Goldman said:
I know there's some criticism somewhere in there but... your tits?

Ellen of Kitten

Nov 30, 2010
Summer break from college just kicked in, and I'm really itching to get some Demon's Souls action in with other people. In the mean time, I've been having a hard time soloing Demons. But I HAVE been doing it. :) yay. Still, cannot wait until the PSN has been restored.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Rorschach II said:
compensation games?

How about HL Episode 3?
Oh please. It would take every electrical device on Earth to fail for a month and have it proven that Valve's responsible for everything before that happens earlier than their secret release date.

OT: I actually have access to a PS3 again so now I want it up. Come on Sony, you can do it!

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
I don't mind waitting a bit longer as long as they make sure it dosen't just happen again after its up. I know nothing is unhackable and that they already had the latest system already....but... I......>_< FUCKING HACKERS!

Lt. Dragunov

Sep 25, 2008
A few more days you say? I'm sure thats what sony said the first, second, and now third week now. I'll believe it when i see it.

C_Topher

May 17, 2009
Apparently Sony's taken a page out of Blizzard and Valve's book on time management.

PS3 owners: When's PSN coming back?
Sony: Soon(TM).