Sony, Nintendo Execs Don't Fear the iPhone

Aries_Split

May 12, 2008
laikenf said:
The I-phone IS NOT A GAMING CONSOLE; it plays games and other software but it was not concieved as a gaming device; with that in mind, and considering that the PSP and DS where designed as gaming devices with a hardware built as a gaming console, I don't think the I-phone is really a contender; it's more of a novelty.
You misuse the word novelty.

laikenf

Oct 24, 2007
Aries_Split said:
laikenf said:
The I-phone IS NOT A GAMING CONSOLE; it plays games and other software but it was not concieved as a gaming device; with that in mind, and considering that the PSP and DS where designed as gaming devices with a hardware built as a gaming console, I don't think the I-phone is really a contender; it's more of a novelty.
You misuse the word novelty.
I use the word novelty because at least what I have seen so far from I-Phone owners is a "oh look at these cool little games I can play on my I-Phone" attitude; these little games that people can download and play on a device that they bought for a whole bunch of other reasons, all of witch had little or nothing to do with gaming; how long will the fever last? Or maybe game developers will really take it seriously and make the most of it. Let's see, we'll have to wait for the novelty to pass for us to really know.