Sony Patents "Flat Joystick Controller" With Touchpad

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
Full Metal Bolshevik said:
Sight Unseen said:
Why? Joystick is the best thing ever.

I'm still waiting for someone to patent a nunchuk type of controller connected to a mouse for pc. That way you could point and shoot wiht your mouse and move with your nunchuk. Sure you still had to be sat down, but it could be more confortable than WASD.
Is this kind of what you were talking about?

http://www.razerzone.com/ca-en/store/razer-orbweaver-stealth

No.

Isn't that just something for your arm to rest?

Also, expensive as hell.
But it's an analog stick for your PC which you can use in tandem with a mouse for precise aiming.

I don't have one but this seems to be what you were describing except a lot bigger and with more keys. Also it's not a nunchuck :p My point is that it can be used for analog control instead of WASD, and also be used for custom hotkeys.

BTW this isn't an add-on for a keyboard, the entire thing is self contained and can be used to replace the keyboard for games (you'd still need one for typing, obviously.) I agree with you about the price, Razer stuff is usually way overpriced, but I've never seen anything else like this on the market in my limited searching

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
Sight Unseen said:
Sight Unseen said:
Why? Joystick is the best thing ever.

I'm still waiting for someone to patent a nunchuk type of controller connected to a mouse for pc. That way you could point and shoot wiht your mouse and move with your nunchuk. Sure you still had to be sat down, but it could be more confortable than WASD.
Is this kind of what you were talking about?

http://www.razerzone.com/ca-en/store/razer-orbweaver-stealth

No.

Isn't that just something for your arm to rest?

Also, expensive as hell.
But it's an analog stick for your PC which you can use in tandem with a mouse for precise aiming.

I don't have one but this seems to be what you were describing except a lot bigger and with more keys. Also it's not a nunchuck :p My point is that it can be used for analog control instead of WASD, and also be used for custom hotkeys.

BTW this isn't an add-on for a keyboard, the entire thing is self contained and can be used to replace the keyboard for games (you'd still need one for typing, obviously.) I agree with you about the price, Razer stuff is usually way overpriced, but I've never seen anything else like this on the market in my limited searching
so, that thingy on the right is an analog stick?
Doesn't seem very practical.
It's designed to be used by your thumb, with your palm resting on the big palm rest thing, and your four fingers on the hotkey bar. Seems fine to me although again, I don't own one so I dont know how good or bad it actually feels.