Sony Registers "PlayStation Move" for Motion Controller?

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Not as good as Arc...but, I suppose describes what it is out there to do! lol

Ah well...they got caught out on that name lol

General Vagueness

Feb 24, 2009
I thought this looked like the Wiimote done right until I realized the Wiimote does the same stuff, so maybe rearrange the buttons and have the nunchuk-type second part also be wireless and have the delay be comparable to a standard controller and Sony may break through and rest on top again. Somehow I doubt it though, they just feel sort of... doomed for this console generation.

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
As long as they don't advertise using that crappy song from Madagascar, "I like to move it, move it", I think this is a perfectly fine name.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Wow..................that's some logo alright..................Isn't it, kids?

Maybe they should call it, Playstation Where The Sun Don't Shine.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
Move, so I wonder if you can play playstation Home with it. Because then you could Move Home...

Sorry I'll stop

Also not a fan of this name, but then again Wii can be interpreted as slang for urination so the name doesn't really amount to much

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
Again, I vote to name it the PS3mote. At least then people will know what it does!

JaredXE said:
As long as they don't advertise using that crappy song from Madagascar, "I like to move it, move it", I think this is a perfectly fine name.
OH GOD NO DON'T EVEN SAY THAT! Sony PR representatives are browsing the forums as we speak to come up with the marketing campaign.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Heart of Darkness said:
Again, I vote to name it the PS3mote. At least then people will know what it does!

JaredXE said:
OH GOD NO DON'T EVEN SAY THAT! Sony PR representatives are browsing the forums as we speak to come up with the marketing campaign.
Don't worry they'll just throw Kevin Butler in there and it will automatically become awesome even if it isn't. And when anything uses that song...it isn't.

Guy32

Jan 4, 2009
Heart of Darkness said:
Again, I vote to name it the PS3mote.
That get's my vote :)
Susan Arendt said:
I do actually like the logo, though, I must admit.
Agreed. And even if it does look more like an A, it still sorta looks like half of an M on an angle. :/

Anyway, it's arguably better than 'PSP Go'.

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
AceDiamond said:
Heart of Darkness said:

JaredXE said:
Don't worry they'll just throw Kevin Butler in there and it will automatically become awesome even if it isn't. And when anything uses that song...it isn't.
....Great, now I can't get that image out of my head. In retribution, you are now aware of your own breathing.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
I'd laugh if that symbol turns out to be one of the spell gestures in Lionhead's Black and White games... and is also now a Microsoft trademark.

Sony should have just thrown all caution to the wind and named it the Playmote 360.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
We can all say, "I'm going to go play with my Wii" with a straight face.

The lesson there is that there is no name that, with repitition, won't become completely accepted.

Arc does sound a little better, but that novelty will wear off before the weekend.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Ugh. I hope that's not the real name.

It's like giving the PS3 an order!

Playstation, MOVE!

Bad PS3, I told you to move! BAD!
No, you move [http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/02990cf647c1.jpg].