Sony Sells its Square Enix Stock

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Vault101 said:
[sub/]if that didn't happen it wont harm the illusion that Lara and Sam are lovers...because they are..shut up[/sub]
Wait they aren't?

So the main intrigue of the plotline doesn't pay off?

Well I shan't be finishing that game then. First they take away my vintage WW2 SMG and replace it with a boring AK and now they take away interesting character development.

Bah.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
The White Hunter said:
Wait they aren't?

Well I shan't be finishing that game then. First they take away my vintage WW2 SMG and replace it with a boring AK and now they take away interesting character development.

Bah.
[i/]well they don't say they aren't....[/i]

I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, I think the writer said she thought it would be a cool Idea abut..you know how game companies are...it still really looks that way so while they don't kiss or anything theres nothing there to shatter that interpretation (maybe they'll pull a Xena the warrior princess with this one) don't let me ruin the game for you!

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Vault101 said:
The White Hunter said:
Wait they aren't?

Bah.
[i/]well they don't say they aren't....[/i]

I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, I think the writer said she thought it would be a cool Idea abut..you know how game companies are...it still really looks that way so while they don't kiss or anything theres nothing there to shatter that interpretation (maybe they'll pull a Xena the warrior princess with this one) don't let me ruin the game for you!
Eh, it wouldn't ruin it for me, just seems like it's kinda pointless though.

I'll get round to finishing it eventually, I'm terrible for leaving games half-done.

Ziadaine_v1legacy

Flamboyant Homosexual
Apr 11, 2009
SilverStuddedSquirre said:
Looks like somebody at SONY finally played an installment of Final Fantasy after X.
I really wish this fanboyism of X/VII would die already. Not everyone is going to like every damn FF game, and some people like me, like every damn FF game because of what they are, and not it's game mechanics.

On Topic: If this slows down XV and/or KH3 being released 2015 I'm going to cry. alot.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Looks like somebody at SONY finally played an installment of Final Fantasy after X.
12 and a Realm Reborn are both good, stop that.

Either way, someone's still got stock in Square Enix, even if it isn't Sony, so I don't see the huge deal, just seems like a matter of Square Enix no longer releasing many Playstation Exclusives.

KingdomFantasyXIII said:
"From what I remember, Sony made an equity investment in square around the time spirits within tanked; it was almost a good will gesture to help the company raise some additional capital when they needed it. I believe the shares were nonvoting. That is important. After the se merger, sony's ownership position was diluted and remained functionally irrelevant (since it was nonvoting). "

They are better selling it since the stocks serves no purpose anymore. They are just wasted money if they stay where they are collecting dust.
Thanks for the educated answer, neat that people do this kind of research even though they aren't actual journalists. The torrent of people making wild guesses as to why things like this happen is ridiculous.

alj said:
Valve should by them and then port ALL final fantasy games to steam OS :).
I can think of literally nothing worse than Valve acquiring getting a hold of FF14 and micro-transacting that shit up.

alj

Master of Unlocking
Nov 20, 2009
The White Hunter said:
Damn it no, I want Kingdom Hearts 3 to actually fucking release sometime D:
I want the next final fantasy to be good but we don't all get what we want.:)

Dango said:
I can think of literally nothing worse than Valve acquiring getting a hold of FF14 and micro-transacting that shit up.
All of valves micro transactions are cosmetic so i don't see what the problem is valve has problems at the moment with steam but abusing microtransations is not one of them, in fact i would pay money for a rikku outfit for barret :p

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
alj said:
The White Hunter said:
Damn it no, I want Kingdom Hearts 3 to actually fucking release sometime D:
I want the next final fantasy to be good but we don't all get what we want.:)

Dango said:
All of valves micro transactions are cosmetic so i don't see what the problem is valve has problems at the moment with steam but abusing microtransations is not one of them, in fact i would pay money for a rikku outfit for barret :p
But Bravely Second will be excellent.

Also microtrans in my sub, do not want. I love FFXIV and putting cosmetics in would be pretty shitty and damage the ingame crafting economy substantially. Why pay some dude a fucktonne of gil for an awesome new Helmw ith the looks to matchw hen you can just buy it for a buck.

vagabondwillsmile

Aug 20, 2013
GamemasterAnthony said:
Strazdas said:
vagabondwillsmile said:
Upon reading the headline, my immediate thought was: "Nintendo, now is the time...".
Nintendo is smarter than to buy a sinking boat.
Besides...if they buy anything, they should try to acquire the Megaman IP. You know...much in the same way people buy abandoned storage lockers to make money, Nintendo should buy this property that Capcom all but abandoned. (Especially since Nintendo by way of Sakurai by way of SSB showed more love for Megaman via the "Screw Capcom Laser" that was Megaman's Final Smash.)
Eh, I don't know. The Square Enix ship may be leaking, but it isn't dead in the water. Look at Atlus (game quality was never a question, but finances were) - they were purchased by a private holdings firm, Index, and it looks like they could thrive now under the umbrella of Sega. In the auto industry, Chrysler (with all kinds of problems) went into private holding via Cerberus (before acquisition by Fiat), quickly restructured, and was the first American auto maker to turn a profit and pay off its debt after the TARP business, while its competitors continued to struggle. Sony isn't in the best financial condition itself at the moment and is actively selling - or looking to sell - various assets. Sometimes the stability (financial or otherwise) of the majority shareholder / owner translates directly to the stability and success of its properties. Holding firms and securities have been doing well with their acquisitions lately, because they aren't as volitile market players as are many other companies, so I see it as likely that Square Enix has a prime opportunity to refocus and recover nicely. And of the three console makers, Nintendo (current struggles with the Wii U included) is relatively stable and is still in a pretty good place financially. Acquiring Square Enix really wouldn't have been a bad move for them, and could have represented a return to form for all involved.

I like your Megaman idea, but it would never happen. Even if Capcom decides it hates Megaman (I'm almost convinced they do) they will never let go of those rights unless it is to save themselves from bankruptcy - and maybe not even then. The IP is just too valuable too them.

KazeAizen

Jul 17, 2013
In other news people really need to let this die already. Good God you people are too clingy to some of this crap.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Sony once again doing everything it can to make the black for the fiscal year. I really don't know why they can't keep their dang finances under control. The amount of debt they have is absurd