Sony Sought Security Staff Shortly After Shutdown

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
Why is...the day...AFTER...suspicious?

The day before would be...but the day after?
Because they proceeded to sit on the fact that they lost millions of customers' personal information for another week.

If they knew information had been lost within 24 hours of the breach, and didn't inform the customers, they violated several privacy laws, and will be facing severe fines from several governments.

I'm almost completely certain that's not the case, but the fact that this exists does not bode well for Sony.

ArmorArmadillo

Mar 31, 2010
The fact that a company is hiring a security analyst doesn't mean they have no security team, just like a company hiring a programmer doesn't mean they have no programmers.

JDKJ

Oct 23, 2010
Ultratwinkie said:
It isn't a conspiracy . . . .
Yeah. Right. That's the same thing the Warren Commission said about the Kennedy assassination. You believe that?

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well I'm glad they thought about security so early on, can you imagine if they had a dodgy system up for like 5 years and damage that could cause.... oh, that's right.

dkyros

Dec 11, 2008
// Sony's Master Plan
Hire ppl for security
if we sh1t on consumers that enjoy (linux) == We messed up

Seriously, If losing face were tangible these ppl would be M.J.

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/michael-jackson(26).jpg

Phishfood

Jul 21, 2009
HankMan said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Why is...the day...AFTER...suspicious?

The day before would be...but the day after?
I'd be more pissed at the fact THEY DIDN'T ALREADY HAVE ONE
I would be, but I don't have a PSN account OR much respect for Sony anyway.
Anyone thought that maybe they HAD a guy, they fired him and (s)he was involved in the attack?

Sarah Frazier

Dec 7, 2010
Only the hackers will know what kind of connection there is. Maybe it was pure chance that their NOW HIRING ad got out after the big crack. Maybe somebody was fired and handed over the passwords needed to get in, or simply did it themselves. Or it could be a big PR stunt to try and make Sony look like a victim of the evil that is Anon, which backfired from the sound of things. (given how governments are getting involved, it would be one hell of a bad move)

aSmo

Nov 6, 2007
That job was likely a repost. I'm in the field, and have been monitoring available positions in cali and specific cities. I also saw that post several months ago. Also, in large corporations, it often takes weeks or even months for a department to go from 'we need another headcount' to completing jump through the HR hoops that results in a public job posting. It's likely unrelated.