Sony Teasing Mafia Knitting Game? UPDATED

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Oh Wow, the Sackboy gets all serious. A Sackboy I can't refuse!

Hell yeah I can't refuse him!

Calumon: Cute powers gooooo!!!!!

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
*in Godfather voice*

"Okay boys, first I want you to pay Gobo a visit, he's been behind on his payments. See that he doesnt pocrastinate anymore. Second, Tommy Teo-toes needs help handling a little...problem, see to it. And before you come back, pick up some more yarn, preferably a feminine color, like pink or lavander..."

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
Um... that doesn't make any sense at all actually. LittleBigPlanet 2 is being released by an American company, which means it would come out in America first... For Japan to get it over TWO MONTHS before the American release date (November 17) of this American game would be absolutely ridiculous. I could imagine it being the date they'll announce the official Japanese release date, but there's no way on Earth it's coming out on September 2nd ANYWHERE.
However, yes, it does seem to have something to do with Sackboy, you can definitely see the legs of Sackboy there.

atomictoast

Aug 7, 2009
Is there anything Italian gangsters CAN'T make look bad-ass?

As a side note, you can pretty clearly see it's sack boy.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Of course! Nothing sells a charming, user-generated-content-based 2.5D platformer like a mysterious man... knitting? o_O

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Does that mean we had better not mess with the Sackboy? lol

FinalFreak16

Mar 23, 2010
Lancer873 said:
Um... that doesn't make any sense at all actually. LittleBigPlanet 2 is being released by an American company, which means it would come out in America first... For Japan to get it over TWO MONTHS before the American release date (November 17) of this American game would be absolutely ridiculous. I could imagine it being the date they'll announce the official Japanese release date, but there's no way on Earth it's coming out on September 2nd ANYWHERE.
However, yes, it does seem to have something to do with Sackboy, you can definitely see the legs of Sackboy there.
Well actually LittleBigPlanet is created by Media Molecule, a British based developer. And Europe gets the game first followed by America and finally Japan.

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
SelectivelyEvil13 said:
That's correct: While he looks like he might be ordering the other two men to perform a hit, or making them an offer they can't refuse, he's also getting his crochet on and could be creating a hand-made Sackboy.

So what the heck is Sony teasing here?
I'm going to go out on a limb here, but maybe something to broaden the appeal of LittleBigPlanet to more people?

Sackboy: Criminal Origin
The innocent looking creature dubbed 'Sackboy' of LittleBigPlanet is now known for his lovable nature as he hops to and fro across fantastical landscapes of creative inspiration in platforming splendor. A humble being that caters to the appearance and even gender to a player's whims; the Sackboy or Sackgirl defines itself through the player's imagination.

The Sackboy populus prospered under the PS3's embrace as more and more attention was drawn to the world of LittleBigPlanet. All was well until one fateful day...

Cloaked in shadows, The Don heard of the series and desperately wanted to partake in the festive community. That was not enough so The Don devised a plot to create a Sackboy of his own making. The Don forged both needle and crochet to sire a knitted nightmare of violence, greed, and debauchery.

Upon finishing the fragile-looking creature, The Don held the Sackboy to the light in proud display to his capos.

"My Sackboy, my son," he purred through the smoky room.

The Sackboy's gleaming button eyes glowed of fire; his innocent face growing sour and cold. Gripping his master's hand to unhook the sewing needle. The Sackboy leaped upwards, springing in an acrobatic arc to The Don's throat, needle in his quivering hand. Scarlet slashes silenced the Mafia lord as the Sackboy brandished the needle towards the fear-stricken thugs. Usurping control, the Sackboy plotted a campaign of criminal proliferation and megalomaniac desire.

Take control as the one Sackboy twisted by corruption in his quest for power to claim the growing LittleBigPlanet and BigPlanet in his dominion of evil. How far will you take down law and order as the LittleBigWorlds of crime and platforming nonsense merge in a bloody showdown.

Just saying, I'd buy that. :D
Hah, looks like you called it!

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
SODAssault said:
SelectivelyEvil13 said:
That's correct: While he looks like he might be ordering the other two men to perform a hit, or making them an offer they can't refuse, he's also getting his crochet on and could be creating a hand-made Sackboy.

So what the heck is Sony teasing here?
I'm going to go out on a limb here, but maybe something to broaden the appeal of LittleBigPlanet to more people?

Sackboy: Criminal Origin
The innocent looking creature dubbed 'Sackboy' of LittleBigPlanet is now known for his lovable nature as he hops to and fro across fantastical landscapes of creative inspiration in platforming splendor. A humble being that caters to the appearance and even gender to a player's whims; the Sackboy or Sackgirl defines itself through the player's imagination.

The Sackboy populus prospered under the PS3's embrace as more and more attention was drawn to the world of LittleBigPlanet. All was well until one fateful day...

Cloaked in shadows, The Don heard of the series and desperately wanted to partake in the festive community. That was not enough so The Don devised a plot to create a Sackboy of his own making. The Don forged both needle and crochet to sire a knitted nightmare of violence, greed, and debauchery.

Upon finishing the fragile-looking creature, The Don held the Sackboy to the light in proud display to his capos.

"My Sackboy, my son," he purred through the smoky room.

The Sackboy's gleaming button eyes glowed of fire; his innocent face growing sour and cold. Gripping his master's hand to unhook the sewing needle. The Sackboy leaped upwards, springing in an acrobatic arc to The Don's throat, needle in his quivering hand. Scarlet slashes silenced the Mafia lord as the Sackboy brandished the needle towards the fear-stricken thugs. Usurping control, the Sackboy plotted a campaign of criminal proliferation and megalomaniac desire.

Take control as the one Sackboy twisted by corruption in his quest for power to claim the growing LittleBigPlanet and BigPlanet in his dominion of evil. How far will you take down law and order as the LittleBigWorlds of crime and platforming nonsense merge in a bloody showdown.

Just saying, I'd buy that. :D
Hah, looks like you called it!
A part of me kind of hopes so to an extent ha ha! Heavy Rain was a new direction and a gamble; I wonder what kind of amazing hybrid of genres and themes could be introduced for the PS3? What with the banality of non-straying shooters and mimics of established series, some type of a cross-over with Sackboys and crime would certainly stand out!

Just thinking about the idea makes me recall the Leven Thumps book series that featured a magically-endowed, megalomanical toothpick as one of its characters. An evil Sackboy fighting through the world with his trusty needle and such? I could see some funny scenarios...

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
FinalFreak16 said:
Lancer873 said:
Well actually LittleBigPlanet is created by Media Molecule, a British based developer. And Europe gets the game first followed by America and finally Japan.
Oh, right, my bad. Still, it's extremely unlikely that Japan will get it before the US.