Sony Wants More Than Just Shooters on PlayStation 4

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
If this is part of a brilliant Sony plan to ease us into acceptance of a weak launch lineup, then let me be the first to say "ARE YOU FUCKING NUTS? HAVE YOU NOT PAID ATTENTION TO YOUR LAST THREE CONSOLE LAUNCHES? YOU BETTER HAVE ALL THE SHOOTERS BECAUSE ALL YOU NEED RIGHT NOW IS A DECENT LAUNCH LINEUP AND YOU WIN THE GENERATON, MORONS."

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Isn't this why you brought out quantic dream? Sony, Shut the fuck-up and stop trying to bamboozle people into buying your potentially overpriced console.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
Oi Sony, remember when the PS1 and 2 had a butt-ton of awesome platformers? Remember before you made your mascot an angry Greek dude it was a plucky Lombax with a robot backpack with guns that can turn aliens into barnyard animals? Ya, come back to those days please. 3D platformers would especially be nice, since they require so much money and manpower that it's not a genre the indies can take advantage of. It's my favourite genre, and between 2001 and 2002 that was the start of 3 of the most iconic platforming franchises ever.

Maybe ask Namco nicely for a new Klonoa game too plz. I know Klonoa doesn't play in 3D but damn it, pack in that saccharine goodness in.

Also how 'bout 'dat Last Guardian? Just thought I would ask.

airrazor7

Nov 8, 2010
x-Tomfoolery-x said:
Well, here's hoping it gets flooded in rpgs like the original Playstation and Playstation 2...
My wish for the system as well.

I personally would like to see more 3rd person virtual melee action with a helping of magic/super powers on the side. I would also like to see a resurgence of the genre that games like Slender, Amnesia and Haunting Ground fit into. Most horror games are "something jumps out at you from the shadows and you shoot it." I think it mixes it up nicely when it's "scary stuff is happening and you must find out what's going on while surviving without weapons." Adds a much needed dash of suspense.

Kayos

Apr 7, 2010
Too me, shooters are extremely terrible and bland.
I really hope alot of RPG / Adventure / Platformers are made for the ps4,
but I also don't plan on buying one until they give us some form of backwards
compatibility, as it stands now I only ever use my PS3 for PSOne classics, and
if I get the ps4, I'd want it to be able to play them, plus the few ps3 games
I own.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Sony wants more than just shooters on the ps4,
they want JRPGs too.

But seriously, one of the reasons I originally got a ps2 was because it had all those weird not shooter games: things like Burnout Revenge and Katamari. In fact, I think the closest thing to a shooter that I played on the ps2 was GTA. I have to say they kept that up pretty well with the ps3 but most of them are download games: echocrome, Pixel Junk..., Journey.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
oh? finally gonna get some verity going again you say?

call me pessimistic, but 'i'll believe it when i see it'

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
I'm all for variety but as long as one genre doesn't over saturate the others then all will be right with the console.

Last thing I'd want is for RPG's to over saturate everything else.

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
Its a reason I really liked Sony as they tend to have more variety than the other two, one seems to cater entirely to shooter dude bros and the other to your grandma. Here's hoping they can have more whimsical titles like Jak, or Ratchet & Clank or Sly Cooper.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
And when sales are lackluster, which they probably will be from the perspective of Sony and devs, then they will drop this like the brother from Happy Days and mention it as often.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Andy Shandy said:
Good, I don't want just shooters either. To be fair, I don't want just platformers, just RPGs or just adventure games either.

Here's hoping there's a veritable smorgasbord of genres available on the PS4.
This.

I've never wanted all of any genre for a console. That would be a death sentence.

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
Granted we know next to nothing about the new xbox, but between this and the microsoft CEO saying "WHY SHOULDNT THE XBOX ALWAYS HAVE TO BE ONLINE HUH?!?!?!" I'm leaning towards the PS4 at this point.